I stayed here for 2 nights to enjoy the Monterey peninsula etc. and what a great hidden place it was. First off the negatives: the place was a little confusing at first to find the room since the rooms aren't all connected. It seemed a little strange to have to use my room key to get in the main part of the hotel from my room. Also I stayed in one of the outer buildings and people could walk from the street to any of the rooms not in the main part of the hotel which seemed a little unsafe but having said that it was in a nice part of Monterey so crime I'm sure is low. Also there is a parking fee of $13 a day but considering you have to pay to park anywhere in the area it wasn't to bad and you can park there on the last day till 4P.M. Now the positives about the place was that almost every room had a balcony and mine was facing onto Foam St. with a little view of the water. Even with the street being busy I couldn't hear the traffic at all throughout the night. I surprised to see a fireplace (easy to use) in my room which was a great edition to have. The breakfast was the great service that all Best Western's have. It was in the main part of the hotel which made you feel like you were in a old Victorian home. The staff was very friendly and made me feel very welcome I would stay here again since almost all the hotels in the area cost upwards to $1,000 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Best Western, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western