Being a Best Western, we were not expecting the cozy, inviting B&B experience we received at this hotel. The rooms were large and well-appointed, much like staying in someone's home. Not a run-of-the-mill chain hotel experience at all. The location was excellent - two blocks from Cannery Row and 20 minutes walk from Fisherman's Wharf. Parking costs extra, and we had some difficulty getting in and out of the below-ground garage because of the way the drive sloped - our rental car's low carriage kept scraping the pavement - but they allowed us to park in a spot behind the hotel on our last night to avoid this problem. The breakfast is good, if repetitive. And be forewarned that the free wifi runs slow. People not from central CA should also know that there is not usually A/C in the hotels here, as there wasn't at this Best Western. The room was quite comfortable with the ceiling fan running and the sliding door open a bit, but this also allowed the noise from the busy street outside in. However, all in all, I would still stay here again in a heartbeat if ever I'm in Monterey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western