5,921 results
All reviews schooners restaurant cannery row ocean view beautiful hotel bell desk sea otters valet parking turn down service fire pit valet service resort fee sound of the waves pebble beach mile drive big sur san francisco fisherman's wharf
Reviewed December 23, 2006

We stayed for two wonderful nights and (with early check in and late checkout, it felt like three super days.

PLUS
Attentive, patient, kind staff (just one example, free private rides to restaurants in a town car with baby seat provided and very safe, friendly driver)

Nightly turn-down service (including emptying garbage, fresh towels, etc) that was TIMED for the only MOMENT we stepped out of the room.

Sparkling clean EVERYWHERE--restaurants, spa, jacuzzi, room, tub, windows, floors, lobby etc etc.

Decent food in the free breakfast (wasn't even part of our package, but the front desk worker just gave us the tickets because she felt generous).

Crisp sheets, new towels, comfy robes, windows that open, flat screen telly, cd player, great views quick parking, late check-out, etc etc.

All this . . . for less than 1/2 the rack rate.

Thank you so much to the housecleaners especially--they deserve large tips from every guest!

MINUS
Need to pay for valet parking--no alternative.
This is TINY!!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank lunachan
Reviewed December 19, 2006

Just got back from a relaxing, enjoyable 3 night stay at the MontereyPlaza Hotel. The winter is a good time to get a better price, no crowds and easy parking everywhere we went. It was an adequate room with a beautiful view. Would have liked a microwave and also a fireplace in the room but all in all, we will return.

4  Thank 1Clayton
Reviewed December 13, 2006

Stayed for three nights mid week ,in an ocean vew room with balcony.Paid $260 per night inc breakfast - felt that this was on the high side given the standards and quality of the hotel. You are paying a heavy premium for the location

Good points : Quality of breakfast, ocean view from restaurant, location on Cannery Row, ocean view from room, comfortable (but very high) bed, restaurant staff, efficent valet parking, adequate sized room and bathroom.

Bad points: Most rooms have one or two connecting doors - not good for a quiet stay. We had previously requested a quiet room -at check in we were given one with two connecting doors! Took well over an hour to get a quiet room. Poor reception desk knowledge of rooms - they had to ask the concierge what rooms were like. No in room safes, tiny safe deposit boxes at the desk, would not fit a laptop. On checkout, they tried to overcharge us by $600, then $60. Took 20 mins to get the bill right! Hotel is effectively in three separate blocks - easy for non guests to access. Small % of rooms have ocean view. Charge for internet access a bit excessive.

Stayed: December 2006
6  Thank YorkshirePrincess
Reviewed November 19, 2006

I sent this thank you letter to the Hotel, I wanted them, and all of their Staff to know what a wonderful time we had there....

Upon my arrival to the hotel, I was awestruck by the beauty of the
hotel and the hospitality and kindness that we were shown by theStaff immediately upon our arrival. I quickly realized that you and your company had provided me with a wonderful gift of giving me a room that was affordable to me and likely, this was an opportunity to enjoy this wonderful area of California in a way that I had never been accustomed to. My prior trips to other destinations always resulted in having to stay in the Holiday Inn types of places. Nothing against them of course :-).

This trip, this stay at the hotel was the best vacationing experience I have ever had. Sadly, prior to this, I had not taken a vacation in eight years because of the 24/7 demands of my employment and my pursuit of a Master's Degree to become even better in a job that has very little reward (Probation Officer). This journey, helped me to realize that my life commitment to community protection and the rehabilitation of those that I work with, while important, must be offset with my commitment to myself to take care of myself when the opportunity arises. Because of you and the Monterey Hotel's generosity and kindness, I was able to afford the additional amenities provided and literally absorbed living like a person that had the means to enjoy all that your hotel had to offer.

I would particularly like to thank the Spa Staff as well,
they were wonderful and accommodating. I felt extremely welcome and comfortable in that part of the facility. Additionally, a special thank you goes to Jeri, the Aesthetician who provided me with an exquisite facial. She was extremely kind and understanding, as my skin, unfortunately has been through the ringer because of all of the stress I have been through and all the medications I have had to take to get better. So again, thank you to Jeri for making me feel special during that process.

I could go on and on about all of the luxuries I experienced this
past week, because I have never been treated so well and felt so welcome in a place and a world that is particularly foreign to me. I am now "spoiled" and cannot imagine taking a trip again with accommodations any less than what I was provided in your Hotel. My rainy day fund will now be used for future adventures with great accommodations!

The unforeseen happens anyway, life and enjoying it as much as possible only happens once....

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have already spread the word as quickly as possible about the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa and have insisted to all who will listen, that they must stay with your Hotel if they are venturing to this area. Please forward this correspondence to the Hotel itself, the Valets, Housekeeping, the Restaurant Staff, and the Spa Staff. They all deserve to know what a nice job they did during my visit.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank DarcyONeil
Reviewed November 18, 2006

Monterey: The Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa
Date: July 4th 2006
Reviewer: Sacramento Advisor
First let me start by saying the service is outstanding in every area of the hotel, spa and restaurants.
The rooms we had both had the most lovely view of the ocean and sea life that it was very hard to pull yourself away from it. The beds were like sleeping on clouds and I never saw a bathroom so big!
We spent Independence Day evening on one of the balconies that was attended by hotel personal during the fabulous firework display. The attendants made sure that we had blankets, drinks and whatever we wanted to eat. You couldn't ask for a better evening. The following morning I took my 79 yr old mother to the roof to the spa to enjoy the jacuzzi and some fresh fruit. My mother was enjoying it so much that I almost had to drag her out.
We dined in the fine restraurant of which I can't remember the name, and must say that it was outstanding. Even my little old mom who has never eaten at that type of restraurant loved it.
When it was time to go home none of us really wanted to. I could have stayed there a month and never left the hotel. OUTSTANDING, OUTSTANDING, OUTSTANDING!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family