We just returned from an overnight stay at the Monterey Plaza. We stayed in the ocean view room with balcony and were in luck with clear if not cold weather both days.
I would highly recommend the hotel spa - beautiful views from the outdoor hot tubs and lounge areas and a great way to start a getaway with a massage. The rooms are very well appointed including spa bathrobes, an MP3 audio player, binoculars to watch harbor seals, a comfy bed and chaise longe and chair outside. We also enjoyed breakfast in the Duck Club Grill - we had a good and funny waiter and really enjoyed our breakfast (bagel and locks with all the trimmings and waffle with fresh fruit). Also, two sides of the dining room offered awesome bay views.
Our only major complaint was that there was a wedding going on on the night of our stay and the front desk decided to put us in a room directly over the banquet room where we were able to hear the music playing. You could also hear a lot of the plaza level noise as people walked around. If we were staying for more than one night, I probably would have asked for another room. Next time I'll ask for a room away from the banquets and on a higher floor.
Also on a side note (perhaps another complaint), on weekends they seem to be pretty busy as we arrived at 2pm and there weren't any rooms available, even though we had made spa appts at 3:30pm and had requested an earlier check-in. We were told that rooms were guaranteed by 4pm and that they would call us when the room became avail. And wouldn't you know it, the room was avail about 20 minutes later just as I was changed into my robe for the spa appt - not the best logistics coordination and unfortunately was the hotel's first impression on us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey