We stayed for one night with a family of four. We had reserved an ocean front room with a balcony and got it (ha ha I'm not sure if they have any other kind...). The room had a fun view of the harbor, but I have to say I was imagining the view being straight to the open ocean, but that angle was blocked by a side of the hotel. But our boys enjoyed standing on the balcony, listening and watching the ocean waves rush onto the rocks below, and watching birds and cayakers with the binoculars kindly provided by the hotel.
The room had two queen beds. They provided adequate sleeping comfort for a family of four in one room. The bathroom was nice sized, and the room was modern and comfortable. There was nothing in the mini bar though! I was hoping for a glass of wine with my wife on the balcony after we put the kids to bed.
We used the valet service, which was efficient. Service was efficient and unobtrusive throughout. The location is great for seeing the aquarium and what else would you really want to see in downtown Monterey? The rooms can be accessed directly from the street by entering the courtyard without going through the hotel entrance, which is convenient - although I was a bit concerned about all kinds of riffraff entering the building in night time (a concern which did not materialize in the end).
If you want to stay in Monterey this is the place. Next time, though, I'm going to stay a couple miles south in Carmel - not because of the hotel which is very nice, but because of how busy the tourist strip in Monterey is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey