Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Restaurant
$176
$159
  • Breakfast included
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$83
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
$209
$195
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
$194
$179
Colton Inn(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$159
$151
5,379 results
All reviewsschooners restaurantduck clubcannery rowocean viewbeautiful hotelsea ottersbell deskvalet parkingturn down servicefire pitvalet servicesound of the wavesresort feewonderful staypebble beachmile drivebig sur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We booked this hotel for a night and we expected the most comfortable hotel for our trip with our two little kids. However, we were wrong to believe that pricy hotel is the best for us.

These are the resons why:
- No air condition. My kids sweated at night while they slept. Eventhough we opened the window, turned on the fan on the floor and the ceiling fan, the room was still very stuffy. I and my husband had to wake up in the middle of the night because we could not bear the heat. We ended up watching TV for 2 hours until we were very tired and then went back to sleep. (Our room was above the main entrance on the third floor facing the street.)

- No self-parking. You have to pay for valet parking. We parked on the street near the hotel, either meter or the one-hour limited parking from 9am-8pm. So, my husband needed to move the car couple times.

- No swimming pool.

- No breakfast included.

We paid over $250/nt only to realize that we would not return to this hotel again.

Well, I saw many good reviews about this hotel, but it's certainly not in our case.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2008

Excellent hotel. Very clean and staff went out of their way to keep it clean and make guests feel comfortable. Example: loaded our car with waters for everyone upon our departure. Location is wonderful. Ocean views are amazing. Easy driving distance to the 17 mile drive and Carmel. Rooms are extremely spacious. Work out faciilties are excellent. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2008

The staff, the accomodations, the food, and the services were all excellent. We will definitely stay at the Monterey Plaza when we again visit the Monterey/Carmel area.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2008

We were lucky enough to be able to visit this beautiful area and stay at this superb hotel while attending a wedding at the MPH&S this past weekend. The accomodations were perfect, very clean rooms, comfortable beds, amazing view of the ocean. The food was so delicious from breakfast to dinner. I do think that the hotel has found all the best employees that California has to offer. We did not encounter one employee who was not willing to do their best or help in any way to make our stay the most enjoyable experience possible. When in the area, stay no where else. You will not be sorry. If it were not 3000 miles away, we would make it an annual trip! Go...enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I've always wanted to stay here given it's proximity to many touristy sites in Monterey. First I'd like to address what I enjoyed and that is location. Because the bike trail was a block away I was able to walk to Fisherman's Wharf and downtown in 10 mins. The aquarium was a 5 minute walk. The ocean is right at your back door. The Hotel is exceptionally clean as well as the rooms. Staff go above and beyond to make you happy and that was a big plus. Downside is you think a four diamond hotel that charges over $200 a night could invest in insulation. We had a room by the street and the windows are not dual pane. Every bit of noise was audible in the room, from the squawking seagull to the bass of a car. Though we could not hear our next door neighbors you can hear the folks upstairs. I was able to hear someone pee! And the doors had to slam shut in order to close. You couldn't just turn the knob or pull it in. That drove me crazy because the door slamming was constant and it unfortunately woke up my daughter a couple times. Not sure if I'd stay here again as a room by the water maybe less quiet in terms of street noise but you'll always have the doors slamming.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family