It may be pricey, but you get value for that money. The restaurant is better than most of the restaurants in town, and you're eating on a deck over the ocean. You're 15 minutes walk from Fisherman's Wharf in one direction, and from the whole of Cannery Row in the other.
The staff are all friendly and helpful, and the only sound at night is the surf of the Pacific Ocean and the occasional seal barking at... I don't know what.
Business brought me to the area, but now I've stayed I'd actually consider making a special trip to come back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on historic beachfront property above the crashing surf of the Pacific, Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa delights its guests with classic, California coastal experiences animated by an irresistible spirit of conviviality and play. Here you’ll be welcomed with warm hospitality and elegantly-appointed guest rooms with thoughtful extras and luxury touches. From our chef-driven oceanfront restaurant, award-winning rooftop luxury spa and prime location steps from charming Cannery Row, our elegant oceanfront hotel is the centerpiece of Monterey Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey