“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Great location”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Parking is free. That's awesome considering I just left San Francisco and paid $51 for 1 night. The location was awesome. Lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance. The rooms were beautiful. They included a fridge and a ceiling fan. The beds were very comfortable. Only issue I had was there was no vending machines. The only way to get a soda was ordering room service. And room service had a $12 minimum. With a $2 delivery fee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,366)
  • Korean first
sherylfaye
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We loved our stay here. It is so beautiful and the staff was wonderful. The restaurant is very good too!! Highly recommended. We stayed for our 10th Wedding Anniversary and they brought us a lovely present to celebrate!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vacaville, California
Reviewed June 16, 2014

What a wonderful weekend. This hotel deserves the praise I have read so far. Clean, comfortable, gorgeous views and extremely friendly staff, a perfect getaway for a fabulous birthday weekend with my husband. We had the pleasure of dining in Scooners on sight. Great views and abidance. We had a bit of a hick-up the first night there with a disinterested waitress but the 2nd night couldn't have been any better thanks to a very kind and attentive Assistant Manager by the name of Alicia Fink. Thanks to her professionalism and pursuit of excellence, my birthday dinner was one to remember. We single her out for praise for these very reasons. Thank you, we will never forget this beautiful weekend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy S
Monterey_Plaza, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for selecting Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa to be host of your birthday celebration and I’m appreciative of your thoughtful review. I am thrilled to read your weekend created unforgettable memories. I have shared your compliments with Alicia. I hope you will keep us in mind for future special occasions.

Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Just stayed here on a trip out west. Perfect location to explore Cannery Row. We also took day trips to Carmel and Big Sur from here which were perfectly accessible from here as a starting point. The views are amazing from the rooms, from the outside areas and from the restaurant. Also loved the small cafe right on the grounds for breakfast or a quick lunch or coffee run. No question that this is the best place to stay in Monterey.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JoeyTheVeal
Dear Joey,

Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the many aspects of our hotel and our central location on the Monterey Peninsula. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Vice President & General Manger
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2014

From the moment my family and I checked into this gorgeous hotel, I knew it was unlike any other place I stayed. The staff was extremely kind and the rooms had some of the most magnificent views I have ever seen. Waking up to coffee and the sunrise on a balcony just feet above the crystal blue water was one of the most beautiful and memorable experiences of my life. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. It is truly a piece of Heaven on Earth!

Room Tip: These ocean front rooms will leave you speechless!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rob R
Monterey_Plaza, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Rob,

Thank you for your superb five-star review. We are delighted to hear that your family vacation at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa was a memorable experience. We appreciate your compliments regarding the staff, rooms and location. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I have just returned to England after a wonderful month spent touring and staying in hotels in California. Most if not all of the hotels we stayed at were predictably first class but one or two were just fabulous - The Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa being one of those.

For a stay in any hotel to reach '5 stars' the overall experience needs to be complete - with this hotel we found the bedroom to be quiet (we had requested that beforehand), the lobby area is relaxing and tastfully furnished with a lovely ambience. The hotel staff we met were superb and nothing was too much trouble. I have singled out some individuals here for praise as they worked so hard to ensure that we had a great stay, these are as follows:-
Jeffrey:-
********
Jeffrey is the front of house manager and my wife and I found him to be so professional, courteous and so keen to ensure that our stay was a memorable one - thank you Jeffrey for all that you did for us to ensure this was the case.
The reception ladies were brilliant, work very hard, literally never stop, have such a professional manner and really do need to receive praise for what they do in also looking after their guests.
Those who my wife and I had the pleasure to meet were as follows:-
Nani, Alana and Jessalyn - Thank you ladies for you couteous, professional approach you really did look after us so well.

The hotel itself is ideally located for those wishing to enjoy the sights of Monterey and also for those wishing to do some trecking out in to, say, the Carmel Valley.

If you stay on a Friday and saturday then you really are in for a treat at the hotel because there is excellent live jazz in the lobby.

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at the hotel restaurant and you will certainly enjoy the breakfasts!! The food range is so extensive and, again, the staff are so attentive loking to serve your every culinary need.

I encourage you to stay at this hotel so that you to can appreciate why I think this hotel and it's staff are simply outstanding. This is perhaps one of the best hotels we've every stayed in but don't take my word for it - go stay there. You won't be dissapointed!!

Room Tip: Requests are clearly always taken in to account.
Green Features: They encourage guests to save in several ways to protect the environment.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Saturn853
Thank you for sharing your outstanding review about your stay at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. It is with great pleasure to read that our team delivered warm and outstanding service. Your kind words have been shared with Jeffery and the rest of the team. We hope your travels will bring you back to the Plaza in the future.

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Hard to choose for my all time best hotel, between this and the Gild Hall in Manhattan.
The setting of Monterey probably is the clincher. This hotel is classy and elegant, and to wake up to a variety of Lamborghinis lining the street was just immense.
There was an air of arrogance from the staff on arrival, a blemish on what was otherwise an excellent 48 hours.

• Stayed September 2013