Stayed for a night on way down the coast. Excellent location on the water within 10-15 minute walk to marina or five minutes to aquarium. A bit quieter than the places right on Cannery Row.
Beautiful facility with great food. We ate in the pub and were completely satisfied with the food and presentation.
The spa and exercise room are located on the top floor with a great view. We just used the exercise room, sauna, and whirlpools. Well worth the facility fee you are charged. Make sure you use this part of the facility if you stay here.
The room was spacious and had a small balcony with a great view. We watched otters, sea lions and dolphins frolic in the bay from our room and the plaza. The plaza is open and spacious with a nice gas fire pit to relax around after a day of exploring.
This place is not cheap but it is beautiful and you are treated very well. I was happy to spend a little extra for the great experience.
The only odd thing was that the TV was analog. Really? I know you should be out and about and not watching TV in such a wonderful setting but I wanted to watch the college basketball finals and analog just does not cut it for that. I had to go down to the bar to watch it in HD. Woe is me! Seriously though, this is pretty premium property and that did not jibe with everything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey