This is a very new and pretty hotel on the water in Monterey. Easy walking distance to both cannery row (including aquarium) and to fisherman's wharf (about 10-15 minutes stroll down a shared bike/pedestrian path). Next door to San Carlos Beach (where a lot of scuba certifications are done at the Breakwater) - I still drove the 1 minute drive to avoid lugging heavy gear from the hotel but you could do a quick drop off of equipment then park back at the hotel if you really wanted to save the $10 parking fee.
We had an upgraded ocean view room that overlooked the courtyard and bay. The bathroom area was spacious and I appreciated the vanity area to set up my makeup. Minus 1 star because it is a bit pricey for what it is, and also because even though they had lovely room service, it didn't start early enough in the morning for me to be able to order it and make my 7:15 am meet for scuba certification. The cafe with the Peet's coffee is open at 6, so that was available but choices were less interesting and of the standard coffee shop fare.
Valet only parking was annoying as I would have preferred to self park, but that's not that uncommon unfortunately. also, I tried to book a spa appointment same day and they were full - seems like the spa fills up quickly so book ahead if you are interested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey