“Fabulous views, lovely room, good service”

Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We only spent one night but wished we had another booked! Great location, wonderful views, lovely bedroom with everything needed for our stay. Good restaurant and cafe. No swimming pool but a good spa.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a better view and not overlooking the cafe area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 334Lovely
Write a ReviewReviews (5,274)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was traveling with my family, we hadn't booked any hotels and we arrived late in the evening. We stopped in this beautiful hotel and for our fortune we found an excellent accommodation for the night, thanks also to an italian girl from Sardinia at the reception (unfortunately I don't remember her name) who was really kind and helped us although her shift was almost finished. She saw we were very tired, she proposed me a big room, we did jacuzzi under the starry sky and then we had a delicious dinner on the terrace.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Babi_sanremo
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights at this lovely hotel. Had a large room with a small balcony overlooking the courtyard. Room was clean and included two bottles of water and nightly turn down service. Great location in Monterey right on the ocean where you can walk to all the Monterey shops. Nice rooftop hot tub at the spa but it closes too early at 8 pm- that's probably right when we'd liked to have used it. Valet parking was quick and they always offered directions if needed.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nester321
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place is amazing. I researched many different Hotels that I would enjoy to stay at, however, found myself coming back to this one. everything about this Hotel is great friendly service and great location. I've even added another night to my stay I enjoyed It this much. Ill will update in a few days.

other Hotels I considered:
Best Western Victorian inn
Intercontinental
Hilton inn
Marriott

Room Tip: ask the counter for room advise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calikid80
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just returned from a birthday getaway weekend and had a fabulous time. From the moment we hit the driveway every employee we encountered at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa was friendly, courteous, and eager to see if there was anything that would make our stay more enjoyable. The valet, bell, front desk, housekeeping and restaurant/lounge staff are first rate. We had a beautiful ocean view room and are already looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Monterey_Plaza, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Colleen,

Thank you for your glowing five-star review of your recent stay at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. I wish you a belated Happy Birthday and thank you for celebrating at the Plaza. I am pleased you enjoyed the amenities and the guest service provided by our staff. I look forward to sharing your review with our team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John V. Narigi
Vice President & General Manger

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I took my wife and two children to the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa and were very pleased with our experience. We kind of knew what to expect based on the very good reviews we had seen and the video on their website, but we had a even better time. The spa staff were incredibly helpful and helped us enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime jacuzzi stay overlooking Monterey Bay while sipping Champagne! Martha was awesome nad stayed a little later than their normal closing time to give us time to shower and change. She refused a tip, when offered afterwards. The bell captain helped us plan our trip across the 17 Mile Road and into Carmel-on-the-Sea the next morning. He recommended an outstanding restautrant, Dametra Cafe, which was awesome.

Room Tip: A balcony adds a nice touch. We spent more time there than we throught. A balcony with an ocean view...
1  Thank Gilbert A

Dear Gilbert,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your detailed feedback of Vista Blue Spa and deeming it an once-in-a-lifetime experience. That is a wonderful compliment. I will share your review with Martha, as she will be delighted to hear from you. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John V. Narigi
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Planned a one night trip for my family for mine and my wife's 7th year anniversary and we all loved it. This hotel is great for everyone of all ages. We picked the room with the ocean view, and wow, you really do get the ocean view. Our room was right over the water and we were literally watching the waves right under us. Our room was nice, staff was friendly, the restaurants were wonderful, and the location is great, This truly was a great experience and I do plan on returning again.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are the best, but if you are a light sleeper, beware of the waves.
1  Thank Joe0785