“Perfect 39th”

GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Perfect 39th”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just got back on Sunday from a 3 day stay celebrating our 39th anneversary. From start to finish the stay was absolutely perfect. Our reservations handled by Susan were spot on. We had earned a complementary suite for one night through our Plaza Preferred membership and then she was able to get us into our favorite room a king balcony over the water for the other 2 nights. Check in was effortless with Myrna a front desk employee greeting us by our names when we arrived. I called ahead of time to see if I could get roses and champagne delievered to our room to surprise my wife and Anderson who works with the Bell staff assisted the concierge in getting them delievered in time for our arrival. Brenden another Bell staff member made the room change from the suite to our regular room effortless. We enjoyed the restaurants with the outside seating at Schooners great to have drinks and snacks by the water. Martha with spa services once again made our 3 day spa experience absolutely perfect. As I have said in past posts this is our favorite Hotel to go to on the coast, a perfect 10 getaway.

Room Tip: Any room in the spa building over the water is great. Typically you can see the sun rise from your b...
1 Thank RonSCalifornia
Monterey_Plaza, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Ron,

Thank you for the wonderful review and selecting Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa to celebrate your 39th anniversary. It was a pleasure to have you. We certainly appreciate your recommendation and support. I look forward to sharing your review with the team. We hope to see you again.

John V. Narigi
Vice President & General Manager
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,379)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've stayed at the plaza hotel many times over the past years, and I am always delighted with the service, the location, and the comfortable lodging. This is truly a wonderful property to experience. The food in the restaurant is local, delicious, and served with a smile. The staff know how to deliver excellent service with a uniquely personable approach, they make you feel special and yet at home.
You can sleep over the water with waves crashing on the rocks to lull you to sleep! Need I say more...

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the spa building, which is on piers over the Monterey Bay. They are quieter and y...
Green Features: They are very good at offering water saving services for guests.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GoldenGirlCalifornia
Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful place, it is beautiful in and out the coffee house outside is a great place to have a cup of coffee and enjoy a fantastic view of the ocean, the blue fin spa on the top floor has the best view is the monterey peninsula, get a room looking over there beautiful ocean, the service is very friendly, the staff is very professional, the location is close to everything, close to beautiful pacific grove, and lovers points, and the beautiful downtown pacific grove, where you can find a great local restaurants , you would love this place if you are coming to monterey peninsula.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank valantino n
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We arrived there two weekends ago. This was my second experience staying at the plaza. My husband and I had an extremely difficult year and we desperately needed some rest and relaxation. When we arrived, we were directed to our inland view room and because it was nice, but I immediately realized that I wanted a different view. I went back to the the front desk and Heather and Jessalyn were so accommodating. I was fine with paying extra, switching rooms across both nights, and they were so efficient that they were able to accommodate me without switching rooms each night. Within thirty minutes, I was in a new room with a beautiful view. Thank you so much Heather and Jessalyn. I meant to buy you both flowers before I left, but didn't have the opportunity. Both of you ladies made my weekend a wonderful trip. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Pay the higher price for an ocean view room. It's so worth it.
1 Thank Tiffany W
Dear Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about your recent stay at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful weekend trip. I am thrilled to you enjoyed the ocean view guestroom. As well, thank you for commending Heather and Jessalyn, I look forward to sharing your comments with them. We appreciate your patronage and hope to welcome you back soon.

John V. Narigi
Vice President & General Manager
Matteson, Illinois
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Me and my husband had three glorious days at this wonderful hotel! The service/staff was on point, the spa/workout area left us feeling refreshed and renewed. We had a room with a partial ocean view, but it was a perfect view of the ocean for us. The Schooners restaurant was just o.k., but there are so many great restaurants to choose from in the area. The staff was very helpful in recommending great places to eat. One night they even gave us a complimentary ride to a recommended restaurant. We left with a heavy heart because we didn't want to leave. As far as we are concerned there is no other place for us to stay when we visit the Monterey area. I recommend this hotel whole-heartedly!

Room Tip: I would definitely go with a room with a full or partial ocean view.
Hedgesville, West Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I cannot say enough about the superlative service we received at this hotel. We decided to splurge and spend the extra money on a nice hotel and it paid off big time! The staff could not do enough for us. Schooner's Restaurant was a delight in the morning for breakfast,looking out over the bay with the sun rising. It is truly in the heart of downtown,within walking distance to the Aquarium,as well as a myriad of other places. We will be returning next year,this time for more than a week instead of five days!

Room Tip: I would expend the extra money for an ocean view room,simply because of the location. As long as you...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Could not imagine a better way to spend a weekend than in gorgeous Monterey and at this hotel. Service was top notch from the ground floor to the roof...literally!! Everyone was beyond friendly and accommodating. When we told the front desk staff that we were there to unwind, they suggested the spa and rooftop hot tubs that overlooked the ocean. Somewhat surprisingly, this ended up being the favorite part of our stay. It was so quiet and relaxing up there, with a gorgeous view of the ocean. We never wanted to leave!!

When we finally did, we enjoyed a phenomenal dinner at the restaurant there. Again, the service was impeccable and the food worthy of 3x our $100 check. Though we sampled a little of everything from the menu, the lobster mac and cheese was just incredible and worth the trip alone. Can't wait to return!!