Everything about this place is awesome. First, I travel a considerable amount and don't think I have ever experienced better service anywhere. From the valet parking attendants when we drove up to the bellman at check out, everyone went out of their way to be helpful. We ate in the restaurant, we used the spa, we visited the coffee shop, we asked for directions and EVERYONE we encountered was just as helpful as could be.
Second, the room was great. We had a balcony room overlooking the water and thoroughly enjoyed the sounds of the waves crashing and the sea otters below. The room was super clean, a decent size and very well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Some reviewers commented about the property being noisy but we did not experience that at all, even with two weddings going on.
Third, the spa. Wow. We floated out after our wonderful and relaxing treatments and really didn't want to leave. We stayed and enjoyed the hot tubs and sauna and watched the sunset. The view was really, really nice.
This hotel is in the perfect location. We were able to walk down Cannery Row and do a bit of shopping. We also found a few good restaurants for breakfast and lunch nearby outside of the hotel. We didn't need to move the car at all.
I can't say enough about this place. It was outstanding all around, starting with Andrea and reservations who booked the room and our spa treatments for us. Thank you and I honestly cannot wait to return. This is service the way it should be done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey