Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Hotel Pacific(Monterey)
  • Free Internet
Monterey Marriott(Monterey)
5,367 results
All reviewsschooners restaurantduck clubcannery rowocean viewbeautiful hotelsea ottersbell deskvalet parkingturn down servicefire pitvalet servicesound of the wavesresort feewonderful staypebble beachmile drivebig sur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I just got back from a 3 day stay at the Plaza. Just like our previous stays everything was excellent. The hotel staff has been the same for many years and it is nice when you arrive and they remember your name. Susan in reservations was an absolute pleasure to work with, she handled our request and was able to get us our favorite room, she took care of spa reservations for us so we had one less thing to worry about. The ocean view rooms with a balcony are great. You can have the doors to the balcony open at night so you can listen to the waves. We have been going to the Plaza for over 6 years. It is by far our favorite hotel on the coast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My adult daughter and I planned a Mommy-Daughter weekend in Monterey because we won't be together during the holidays. I cannot say enough good things about our hotel, The Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa! The service was 5 star PLUS! Everyone was so friendly and helpful! Our room was incredible with gorgeous views of the bay! The concierge went out of his way to get restaurant reservations for us and arrange a shuttle to transport us! The Schooner Restaurant was delicious for both lunch AND dinner. The piano bar was perfect for a nightcap! Amazing entertainment! The bike path is nearby for an early morning run (for my daughter) or walk (for me!) This hotel was THE BEST! I will dream about coming back again!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times before in an ocean view room. This time we could not get an ocean view, so we took the inland view. The room was up to hotel standards, but I really missed hearing the waves at night and the seagulls in the morning. (I tried hard to get an upgrade but they were sold out.)

We really missed the Duck Club restaurant! They remodeled and changed the Duck Club in to Schooners, which is an extension of their bar. It was a more causal atmosphere.

Make sure to rent a bike and a kayak at Adventures by the Sea which is right across the street. If you go kayaking, go in he morning when there's no wind and the wildlife is active.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tlhsf
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is absolutely top of the line! The furnishings were exquisite and the views were absolutely breathtaking. The bed was also outstanding! I had the best night's sleep I've had in a while. I was treated like royalty, and every staff member went out of their way to be accommodating. They were also extremely professional and have that "can do" attitude. I definitely plan to make it a priority to visit again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Needed a girls weekend getaway and this place was the perfect spot!
BEAUTIFUL rooms and BEAUTIFUL views ... truly breathtaking.
Everyone at the hotel was exceptionally nice and courteous, from the housekeeping staff to the valet attendants. We were treated very well.
The rooftop jacuzzi was heaven, and the food was great at their signature restaurant.
The little town is very cute and quaint and mostly everything was walking distance from the hotel.
We will defintiely be back here soon!

Room Tip: A room with an ocean view is a must have here!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends