Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
$171
InterContinental
$149
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$165
$151
Orbitz.com
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$95
$91
Agoda.com
5,439 results
All reviewsschooners restaurantduck clubcannery rowocean viewbeautiful hotelsea ottersbell deskvalet parkingturn down servicefire pitvalet servicesound of the wavesresort feewonderful staypebble beachmile drivebig sur
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Monterey Plaza. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I love the little touches like ice in my ice bucket when I got to the room. I ordered room service one night and Michelle was very kind and the food was very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Monterey.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our expectations were surpassed at this hotel. The location on the water is superb with public areas exploiting the sea views. We had a partial sea view from our room and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the water and birds. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The dining room was excellent with unusual but very satisfying breakfast dishes as well as the more normal fare. Dinner was also a great experience, the best we had in a week in California. Customer service was timely, helpful and friendly in all areas. Valet parking was efficient. We enjoyed a late jacuzzi at the spa on two evenings. All in all, a fine experience and it's easy to recommend the is hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

After doing a lot of research on different hotels in the area, we decided on the Monterey Plaza Hotel & spa. The fantastic experience began with reservations, Susan Cox. She was fantastic with answering any questions regarding the property. We stayed in the Partial Ocean view room and were extremely satisfied. The room was clean, decorated very nicely and had a fantastic view. We could hear the Sea Otters and waves below. The lights from across the bay at night were beautiful. The grounds all offered beautiful views and the hot tubs up in the spa area were relaxing. We had two dinners and a lunch at Schooners. Nickolaus went out of his way to ensure that our dinner was a fantastic dining experience. I can't begin to tell how wonderful customer service was in this hotel. The only bad experience was that we had to leave.

Room Tip: Spa building is a great choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunChaserr
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed at Monterey Plaza several times and it's always a very enjoyable experience. The rooms are spacious and lovely, the restaurants very good and the location is fabulous. I'm not even tempted to try another location.

Room Tip: Ocean view is best, but inland view is fine too. Right on the water and just a very short walk to the Aquarium.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank UsaGiGi
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Having been to Monterey many times, I had never stayed at the Monterey Plaza Hotel until last week. This is a first-class property with old fashioned customer service that I thought was dead. Treat yourself and try this hotel. You will be blown-away.

Room Tip: I had room 2219 which had an outstanding view of the ocean. You could hear the waves, and in the morning you could hear the seals barking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business