Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
El Castell Motel(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$79
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
$149
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$106
$91
Agoda.com
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$165
$151
Orbitz.com
5,439 results
All reviewsschooners restaurantduck clubcannery rowocean viewbeautiful hotelsea ottersbell deskvalet parkingturn down servicefire pitvalet servicesound of the wavesresort feewonderful staypebble beachmile drivebig sur
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Having been to Monterey many times, I had never stayed at the Monterey Plaza Hotel until last week. This is a first-class property with old fashioned customer service that I thought was dead. Treat yourself and try this hotel. You will be blown-away.

Room Tip: I had room 2219 which had an outstanding view of the ocean. You could hear the waves, and in the morning you could hear the seals barking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SteveinTX
Reviewed October 28, 2012

THis hotel is the perfect place to stay in Monterey. The service and staff are helpful and the hotel is beautiful. Amazing views of the water and this hotel is close to everything. We walked to the aquarium and spent time on Cannery Row for lunch. It is right next to the Chart house so a great spot for happy hour or dinner. We make an annual trip to Monterey and stayed here a couple times. We will not be staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

When checking a front desk woman did not seem like she was having a good day and most importantly, did not acknowledge it was our anniversary. We were called and told our room was ready and walked to our room and a maid looked at us and said no it is not ready. I walked all the way back and was told it was being shown to sales staff and maid services had to check our room. Since this was a different woman, I asked if their system was showing it was our anniversary and she said oh yes and wished us a happy anniversary. When we checked out the same woman that checked us in was just as cold. After reading some reviews on Trip Advisor about the unfriendly front desk staff I almost did not stay with you but since my in laws rave about this hotel I decided to try it. I am very surprised that this is allowed to happen. We drove for 7 hours and were really looking forward to a 4 star welcome and were left disappointed. We both thought oh jeez I hope this is not gong to happen with all the staff! Our bell person Abram was great and made us feel like there was a chance to be treated better. Our other bell man that checked us out (can't remember his name) was so sweet and was very helpful.

Another incident....In the evening when the piano player started playing I went to the bar and stood there while two woman bartenders were chatting about personal matters. I stood there a good 2 minutes and a woman finally looked at me and said hi and looked away. It was an awkward moment and I felt very uncomfortable and just walked away. I was shocked, again 4 star service? I saw Abram and told him what happened and he was very apologetic for them.

The rest of the stay was truly awesome. We were treated great by the bell boys and valet staff. We really loved the $20 gift to use at Schooners and used it that night and our experience was fantastic! One last thing. When checking in I would have thought the front desk would mentioned that my card would have a charge of $125 for incidentals. I realize after calling the hotel when I saw the charge, that the charge will drop off in the next few days but a heads up would have been nice. Overall, we loved our room and thought the hotel was lovely. The front desk needs to work on first impressions!

Overall our room (1404) was beautiful and very relaxing and we had a great time. We will for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: Ocean view room 1404 is the best room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The Monterey Plaza is one of the best places to stay in Monterey. It is a very nice hotel with great amenities and a view that is 2nd to none. The rooms are nice, service is always professional and it is a well kept property. The biggest treat is the spa. Excellent massages and all the lotiony treatments for the ladies. The rooftop is a great hangout before and after the spa, spa service is impeccable.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed one night as part of our honeymoon in March 2012. Staff were friendly and helpful, especially considering when we arrived there was a power outage on the block and systems were down. The room was comfortable and well appointed, and we enjoyed watching the sea otters over a drink at the bar. While the hotel is off Cannery Row, it is only a short walk away. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple