We stayed at this beautiful hotel for four nights and wish it could have been more. The staff was very helpful. The parking attendants were very friendly and efficient. We had no difficulty getting our car in and out when needed. An added benefit that we were not expecting was free parking for our guest who was staying for the day. She arrived and we weren't sure where she could park her car, as we were planning on using our car to drive to Carmel and Big Sur. The attendant let us know that she could park in the hotel garage without charge. A welcome surprise. The hotel is located right on the water within walking distance to most of the major attractions, including Fisherman's wharf and the Aquarium.which are a must see. We chose to stay in one of the Garden Patio rooms located in the Spa building thanks to a previous reviewer's recommendation. Thanks for that tip! . It was a great choice for us. We sat outside our room each morning and evening enjoying the quiet and beauty of the spot. Our room was in a corner of the patio, The patio rooms had no water view but we had lots of opportunities to view the water from the many different areas of the hotel property. The room itself was very clean, lovely and large, the same size as the waterfront rooms, but a lot less expensive. The comfortable bedding made for a great nights sleep. Being in the Spa building had an added benefit for me as I used the fitness center, located in the building ,early each morning. The fitness center was large with enough equipment that there was no wait. The views of the water while working out were a bonus! Needless to say if we are going to be in the area again we would definitely stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on historic beachfront property above the crashing surf of the Pacific, Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa delights its guests with classic, California coastal experiences animated by an irresistible spirit of conviviality and play. Here you’ll be welcomed with warm hospitality and elegantly-appointed guest rooms with thoughtful extras and luxury touches. From our chef-driven oceanfront restaurant, award-winning rooftop luxury spa and prime location steps from charming Cannery Row, our elegant oceanfront hotel is the centerpiece of Monterey Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey