This is a beautiful, luxurious hotel that literally sits on the ocean. We stayed here with our 5 and 3 year old and I was a little worried that it might not be the best place for kids, but I didn't have to worry about that. We pulled up on the day we arrived and there were a lot of staff helping everyone unload their luggage and valet their cars (the valet fee is already included in the resort fee that you have to pay, so you might as well park here). We arrived early and were able to check-in even though our room wasn't ready yet. They took down my cell number and said they would call me when the room was ready. That allowed us to leave all our luggage there and take a walk down to the aquarium which took about 10 minutes or so. The hotel itself is quite stunning from the beautiful lobby to the classic, elegant rooms with extremely comfortable beds. The main restaurant has panoramic views of the ocean. We ate breakfast there and the kids even spotted a sea otter who was swimming in and out of the water. The restaurant had a kids menu with crayons, so that was a pleasant surprise. Overall, I think I would enjoy coming back here with just my wife, so that we could experience the spa and other adult friendly amenities, but I wouldn't hesitate to bring my whole family back here either. I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey