Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Villa Franca Inn(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$149
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

$249
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$159
$142
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$229
  • Restaurant
$293
$219
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$179
$169
Spindrift Inn(Monterey)
$269
TripAdvisor
5,530 results
All reviewsschooners restaurantduck clubcannery rowocean viewbeautiful hotelbell desksea ottersvalet parkingturn down servicefire pitvalet servicesound of the wavesresort feewonderful staypebble beachmile drivebig sur
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Location is excellent; staff were very pleasant; breakfast very good (try the Eggs Benedictine) in the hotel, but also nice (cheaper) breakfast in the Cafe Strada. WiFi worked well. Close to Cannery Row with all the touristy places, but also close to the Aquarium which is an absolute Must! Take the (free) trolley to see more sights and walk along the seaside to the Piers (breakfast on the Coast Guard Pier is recommended as well). Take an Ocean view room, it is worth the money. We did not find the hotel loud, even if a couple of weddings and conferences took place. Nice places to sit down are available as well, in the lobby or outside on the deck.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Fantastic location, beautiful woods, fireplaces, views from the moment you walk in, and consistent throughout the hotel. Delicious food in the restaurant, great "living room" to sit and talk, read, play cards and...yes, strong wi-fi for your devices. Favorite part was the little Cafe Strada, with Peet's coffee, and Steinbeck books to borrow and read with your coffee.

Room Tip: My sister had a corner room with a king bed, which, even though not billed as "partial ocean view," had a view off the balcony and was fantastic. For the same price, we were in a "double-double," which, although nice, was not as grand. If I were to go again, I'd try to get one of those corner rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this wonderful hotel recently and we will definitely be coming back! We stayed in an ocean view room and it was worth every penny. All the staff we ran into were super nice.
We ate at Schooner's for dinner one night and it was really delicious. Their angry prawns an ceviche were full of flavor. Our server Jennifer made our night.
We decided to have desert in our room and called in room dinning. Thanks Addi and Jess for be so nice and quick on that order.
All in all our stay was amazing. Thank you to everyone that made it extra special.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the hotel back in April for my friend's wedding. Everything was excellent, the food was great. All the staff from valet to housekeeping was outstanding, the hotel is well maintained and very clean.I don't agree with the bad reviews I read, I just think that if you cannot efford a 4 star hotel you should simply go to a holiday inn or 2/3 stars. And the rates are not bad at all for a 4 star. I travelled all arouns Europe as well and spend much more without having this great service!!! I would definitely reccomend it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank spaccab
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed at the Monterey Plaza a few times and every time it is amazing. The staff is incredibly generous and willing to help with whatever your need may be. The bell desk and front desk staff are probably best that I have encountered at any hotel around the world. The rooms are large and clean no matter if you have an inland view or ocean view. I prefer the ocean views so I can watch the sea otters with the binoculars that are provided in the rooms! A trip to the Plaza wouldn’t be complete without a stop at the Spa for a Bliss on the Bay treatment by SallyAnn! She is amazing!!

Room Tip: Book an ocean view with a balcony!! It's worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
John_V_Narigi, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

"Wouldnt stay anywhere else in Monterey" Now THAT's what we like to hear :) Thank you so much for your kind words, we hope to welcome you back soon!