My husband and I spent 5 days recently at this wonderful hotel in Monterey, California. I think we could have stayed much longer! Our room was wonderful, large, and had just an incredible view of the ocean. We could watch the amazing sea otters from the room! The dining room was also just wonderful. Every meal that we had there was just perfect and the service was terrific. It's so nice when you stay at a hotel and the staff remembers your name if you have a request or if they just happen to be sharing an elevator or see you elsewhere in the building! The warm, cozy feel of the resort is just perfect. The setting of the hotel is just amazing!
I am a big fan of the Aquarium in Monterey and you can easily walk there from this hotel. Cannery Row is just an OK spot to walk - kind of like saying you walked down Broadway in NYC but it is still a vital part of the community. We were originally supposed to stay at the Marriott but changed our minds at the last minute. What a great decision. When we saw the Marriott it was a typical large, boxy hotel geared more to conventions and large groups than to the individual traveler or family. We just fell instantly in love with the Monterey Plaza. Absolutely no complaints of any kind - just a wonderful, perfect stay that we wished would never end!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on the water's edge at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. Dramatically perched over the Monterey Bay and located on historic Cannery Row, the Plaza is the perfect place to enjoy the gentle sounds of the surf, the fresh scent of sea air and all of the activities that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. The only Forbes Four Star rated hotel in Monterey, the Plaza welcomes you with its warm Mediterranean ambiance and its legendary personalized service. While here, enjoy our roof-top Vista Blue Spa, the European-style Café La Strada, and our waterfront restaurant, Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar.For the comfort of our guests, all sleeping rooms and balconies are 100% non-smoking. In addition to taxes, a $27 per night resort fee applies to all reservations, which includes valet parking, guestroom internet, access to the spa facilities and local phone calls. Periodically, the Plaza is host to events such as weddings, dinners and concerts which may be seen and heard from sleeping rooms. Every effort is made to keep the times and volume of these events within reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel And Spa
- Monterey Plaza Resort
- Plaza Hotel Monterey