“A land cruise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Roseville
“A land cruise”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We just returned from a 3 day stay at the Monterey Plaza Hotel, and if we would have had the time we would have stayed longer. The hotel is beautiful...lots of windows with spectacular views. Our room was absolutely spotless clean with a lovely view. One of the highlights of your visit will be the OUTSTANDING service. If you've ever cruise you will immediately recognize the specialized personal service. Everyone calls you by name from the receptionist to the bell boy. The restaurant food is fresh fresh fresh. Room service is fast and the food...again Excellent! Perfect location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,374)
  • Korean first
San Ramon, California
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The Spa is a MUST while staying at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa!!! My boyfriend and I just spent the weekend there for a company Christmas party and let me just say, I am the luckiest girl on Earth to have gotten to be there! I had the best 50 min massage EVER...and I've had some very good ones...but this was the b e s t!! ASK FOR DAVID!!!!!!

I also had a facial with LISA, and love her also!!! She was so nice, and we had great conversation, but most of all, I left with the best skin I ever had!!!!! She completely catered to my individual needs and made me look and feel amazing!! Even my bf noticed how great my skin was afterwards! :)

TIP: Don't make plans for after the spa appointments because their Spa's terrace has two hot tubs, a fireplace, and lots of seating so we hung out for the afternoon! They even bring room service out to you, so we had lunch in the sunshine, wearing our robes and ACTUALLY RELAXING for once! IT WAS THE BEST!!!

I CANNOT wait to return to Monterey and stay at this resort again!!!

p.s. The beds are sooooooooooo comfy! I fell asleep instantly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
NWPORT BEACH, CA
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My wife and I visit the Monterey Plaza typically 2 to 3 times a year and have for several years now. We feel like we are "coming home" everytime we visit. We usually celebrate our anniversary, her birthday, my birthday or if we just need a "Monterey Plaza Fix". Great location, great property, excellent staff. Any time of year is a good time to be in Monterey and at the Monterey Plaza. I golf, my wife reads and watches the otters and seals at play in the bay and we both enjoy walking. The food is great, the spa staff is excellent and I could go on and on.............
Highly recommended to anyone who appreciates the good things in life.

Room Tip: Rooms over the water are just like being on a cruise ship. The sounds of the waves are very relaxing...
Monterey, California
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I absolutly love visiting the spa at Monterey Plaza Hotel. The staff makes me feel at home, the treatments are wonderful (my favorite is bliss on the bay) and the view spectacular. I highly recommend booking an appointment.
Local to Monterey

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
John_V_Narigi, General Manager at Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you so much for visiting our Vista Blue Spa. It always makes us happy and proud to hear of our guest's satisfaction with staff and the spa facilities. Especially from a returning local! We hope that you continue to visit our lovely spa and that we never fail to meet your expectations of quality service.

By the way, our Vista Blue Spa has its own Trip Advisor page as well! Please feel free to direct any future reviews or feedback to its page as well if you like. Again, Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the rest of Trip Advisor.

Sincerely

John V. Narigi
Vice President / General Manager
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Calais, Maine
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We spent a few nights at the Monterey Plaza in November, expecting a nice hotel with good service and were not disappointed. The hotel is on the water and our room had a wonderful view of Monterey Bay. The hotel is a short walk to Fisherman’s Warf, historic Monterey and Cannery Row. The hotel restaurant/bar, Schooners, was a popular meeting and eating place with a number of heaters for a cool evening drink a short walk will get you to the Charthouse restaurant which we would recommend for their happy hour. The rooms are spacious and fully equipped with attentive turn down service. This was not our first visit to Monterey but our first time on the water and would recommend it as an excellent spot.

Room Tip: A view of the Bay
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Just got home from a 3day stay with my wife for our 24th anniversary. Again the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa did not disappoint us. Upgrade to a ocean view king room. commentary champagne, turn down service . have stayed there twice before including when they opened in 1986. Again thank you for a wonderful time , we will be back again and again.

Room Tip: get room 1419 amazing view
1 Thank william f
Cupertino, California
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I love this hotel. The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean! Great food at the restaurants. I make this my home when in Monterey.

Room Tip: Ocean views are the best of course!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family