8 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$214
Priceline$214
Lol.travel$251
2,203 results
All reviews window seat ocean view cannery row valet parking continental breakfast bay window sea otters every evening sound of the waves gas fireplace the monterey bay aquarium
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2019

My daughter and I stayed here last night. Very nice room and location was right on Cannery Row. Walking distance to everything. The air was quite chilly there which was good because the hotel does not have air conditioning. The complimentary breakfast was rather sparse so we elected to grab a bite elsewhere. They did have a nice happy hour of wine & cheese for the guests.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank amhayden4
Reviewed August 7, 2019

This was my fifth stop on my annual trip out west. This place is a jewel! I was taken to my room and was blown away by the amenities I was getting for my stay. Lush linens, a corner room with a large balcony, chocolates on my bed in the evening, a large TV above a wood burning fireplace, breakfast brought up to me every morning. The bed hugged me and I could have just stayed in it for the whole time. It made my reentry into normal life much harder to accept. I was shown, after calling down to the front desk, how to properly lock my balcony doors, (there was a trick to it) and how to use the TV, (I have cable and this was direct with no channel listings in the room). I kept my cat with the service and when needed, brought to me quickly. The staff was warm and inviting. The dear who was serving breakfast, apologized that she didn’t bring my coffee the first morning as the power was out and she was climbing up and down stairs with our trays, one at a time. I will definitely keep this place in my files as a place to return to when in the area.

Room tip: Any room as the town gets really quiet after ten.
Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank cellarbeller
Inns_of_Monterey, Manager at Spindrift Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Hello cellarbeller,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Spindrift Inn! We were absolutely thrilled that our exceptional amenities, warm staff and stunning views of the bay made your stay so perfect. We all hope to welcome you back soon for your next seaside getaway.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Room 401 overlooking the bay was equipped with binoculars for following seals, birds and other wildlife. The four poster bed was quite elegant and very comfy. Wine, chees and fruit is served in the afternoon and a continental breakfast is delivered to your room at the time you specify. Staff were cordial and valet parking was reasonable.

Hello am0skus,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on our property. We were all so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are happy that we were able to accommodate you on your trip to Monterey and that you made such lasting memories. It was also wonderful to hear you enjoyed your ocean view room with stunning views of the bay! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Monterey.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our time at the Spindrift! So relaxing didn’t want to leave! We requested and received a balcony room facing Cannery Row and really enjoyed that. We loved being able to sit on the patio and watch the people pass by. Breakfast was prompt and just perfect! We were woken up early with garbage and service trucks on the Row but we are early risers so no big deal! With balcony doors closed super dark and very quiet tho otherwise!!! Bed was super comfortable and staff attentive to a few little issues we had to bring to their attention in our room. Staff friendly and helpful! Would love to be in an ocean view room on our next visit! Loved it!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2019

We have been staying at the Spindrift Inn for thirty years. We love the friendly staff, breathtaking ocean views, immaculate rooms, wood burning fireplace, exquisite furnishings, feather bed, down comforter, bathrobes, marble bathrooms, silver tray complimentary breakfast delivered to your room, complimentary wine and cheese served in the evening and roof garden with panoramic view. Thus, when planning what to do for our 50th wedding anniversary, we chose the Spindrift Inn. As always, we were welcomed by Stephanie at the front desk and had our best anniversary ever thanks to Randy Venard, VP and General Manager, Inns of Monterey. We try to visit several times a year. It’s a short walk to the Monterey Wharf and Monterey Bay Aquarium, as well as many fine restaurants on Cannery Row including the Sardine Factory and the Fish Hopper. We often walk to Lover’s Point and the Point Pinos Lighthouse in Garden Grove. We truly love the Spindrift Inn and recommend it highly.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Inns_of_Monterey, Manager at Spindrift Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! First of all, congratulations on your 50th anniversary! We were so thrilled to hear that we could welcome you back and that our staff could make your stay so memorable! We can't wait to welcome you again soon for another relaxing seaside getaway.