Spindrift Inn
InterContinental
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$165
$151
Orbitz.com
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$95
$91
Agoda.com
2,039 results
All reviewswood burning fireplacewindow seatwine and cheesesilver trayrooftop gardenocean viewcannery rowcanopy bedwelcome homebath saltsvalet parkingcontinental breakfastromantic hotelcorner roomhardwood floorsbay windowbreakfast delivered
Reviewed July 1, 2006

We stayed in an ocean view room (305) for only one night, but it was wonderful. The room's view, exceptionally comfortable bed and wood-burning fireplace made leaving the hotel difficult. We enjoyed the social hour (4-6) with very nice wine and a variety of cheese. Breakfast is brought to your room, so we enjoyed it in the nice bathrobes while sitting in two large chairs in front of the fire. The room's binoculars were handy to spot the many seals and otters playing in the water. The large, canopied king bed had a featherbed on the mattress and down comforters delivered in the evening. This may have been the nicest room we've stayed in, and we've stayed in many. The staff was friendly, helpful, and always available.

Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank dine4fun11
A TripAdvisor Member
Turlock, CA
Reviewed April 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Spindrift Inn for one night in April. The room (room 307) was absolutely beautiful. We had a King room with a deluxe ocean view. The only thing I had wanted was to open up my windows and be able to hear the ocean as I went to sleep. My expectations were surpassed. I was hypnotized by the view and the sound of the ocean was completely amazing. There were so many details in our room from the woodburning fireplace (if you follow the directions and put on only one log or 2 small the smoke will not be noticeable), bathrobes in the room, hardwood floors, down to the wine and fruit that was left for us with a card saying Happy Anniversary. The beds were also incredible.
I did find that the bathtubs themselves were very small not great for a soaking bath and the elevator had some issues but since it was a short walk using the outside stairs we didn't bother with the elevator. I agree with someone who said the staff was curteous but did not go out of their way. But then again, we didn't need them for anything the room had all we wanted. All in all a great place to stay. At least on the ocean view side. I could see how the street side would be loud. Treat yourself to great experience, pay a little more and get an ocean view. I would without a doubt stay again.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 23, 2006

Stayed one night just on a whim after a short road trip. Arrived just in time for "afternoon tea" which
also featured wine, cheese and crackers. Our ocean
side room was wonderful! We opened the windows to the
sound of seagulls and crashing waves. A short walk and you have your choice of several fine restaurants
and/or places to just hang out. The "real" wood burning fireplace was a plus, most places just offer
a gas one. Continentinal breakfast was just OK, nothing really special, but hubby and I both agree that we would stay at the Spindrift again.
Excellent customer service by staff.

• Stayed: March 2006
9  Thank kklein215
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 19, 2006

This must be one of the most romantic hotels in Monterey/Carmel. My girlfriend and I stayed in room 205, overlooking the Monterey Bay. The room was exceptionally warm and romantic, the wood burning fireplace fantastic, the bed and down pillows and blankets very comfortable. We arrived Thursday at 2am, yes in the middle of the night, and the hotel was all ready to greet us and show us to our room. When we woke up Friday morning it was raining, so we layed down on the bench next to our window overlooking the bay and looked out at the bay, listening to the breaking waves and looking at the seals, birds and sea otters playing in the waves right in front of our window. Breakfast came on time to our room on a silver tray -- fresh orange juice, fresh fruit, tea, bagel, egg and the daily paper. We lit the fire place and spent the whole morning in our room prior to walking to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The lobby of the Hotel is warm and welcoming, yet small and unassuming. It was a very warm place to come to at the end of the day. All the service we had was courteous, considerate and prompt. One of the best Hotel experiences we had. We stayed for 3 nights (Thursday-Sunday) for an average rate of $230/night.

• Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 13, 2006

We stayed at the Spindrift for 2 nights in August. What wonderful memories! The corner ocean side room was exactly what we needed for some quiet time. The room has a lovely soft canopy bed with a feather duvet and lots of pillows -- great for propping up while reading a book. The window seats were a great place to relax and the fireplace was used morning and evening. The binoculars in our room were great for watching the otters and passing boats. The bathroom was on the smallish size but then I'm probably just spoiled on that count. The bath amentites were Aveda and smelled heavenly and the towels were unusually plump for a hotel. The rooftop area was deserted when we were there but, then again, there was a much better view from the room. The staff was courteous but not outgoing. Great restuarants are on the Wharf about a 15 minute walk away. Would I stay here again -- Bet On It!

• Stayed: August 2005