Monterey Marriott
InterContinental
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$165
$151
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$95
$91
Agoda.com
1,384 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationelite roomcannery rowplatinum memberfisherman's wharfbay viewnice hotelbreakfast buffetfree trolleyconvention centershort walksink areawithin walking distancetwo blocksstreet parkingvalet staff
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was in Monterey for a conference, so the location of this hotel was perfect. I could walk just about anywhere for lunch or dinner and there's a lot to choose from in downtown Monterey. The room was very comfortable, though the decor is a bit dated. Loved the mattress, which was on the softer side of firm, but still gave me a great night's sleep. The staff is very friendly and it seemed genuine, not that forced customer-service stuff. It's hard to swallow charges for internet in a guest room when paying Marriott prices and ditto for the $3.50 water. The market on the next street sells basics and some nice gourmet treats.

Room Tip: Had a gorgeous view of the bay and harbor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I chose this hotel sight unseen as I had Marriott points available when scheduling a short trip to photograph the California coast and the Monterey peninsula. I am glad that did!

this is a fine facility located adjacent to the convention center...one that lkely caters to business and group events as its primary source of emphasis, but do not overlook it should you need a stay for family or romance.

it is an easy walk to many local restaurants and the hotel restaurant sets out an amazing breakfast that will start your day out right and is well worth the tariff.

my only complaint would be to ask that the hotel reconsider the charge for hotel parking. the valet is just a bit steep for the location.

Room Tip: ask for a bay view room...one that looks out over the nearby marina...I had a cruise ship anchored out in the bay during my stay
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank ccmarks
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a small problem at valet-the staff missed a bag and we ended up returning the car to rental with it in there, as a result. But they were very accomodating with their customer service follow-up. When we arrived, there was a letter in the room that told us the pool and washer/dryer were not working but there were other arrangements they had made for guests in the area. We didn't eat in the restaurant. I liked the computer in the lobby that was specifically for check-ins for flights. Very handy. Free wifi in lobby only-you pay in the rooms themselves.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great hotel with sweet management. Room is clean. Ideal Location. Nothing to complaint about. Staff are well-trained. Will come back next time. Close to Old Fisherman Wharf, Canery Row. Lots of local restaurants, coffee shops and banks around.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravellerUSA1971
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here on our 28th wedding anniversary trip. The concierge emailed us in advance and they were so nice- when we arrived they had upgraded us and provided champagne! Wow! The room was super - large balcony, separate sitting room. Staff was so sweet and helpful. I loved this place.

• Stayed: October 2012