Monterey Marriott
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$119
$351
$269
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Lone Oak Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$83
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
$209
$195
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
$194
$179
  • Pool
Colton Inn(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$159
$151
1,376 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationelite roomcannery rowplatinum memberfisherman's wharfbay viewnice hotelbreakfast buffetfree trolleyconvention centershort walksink areawithin walking distancetwo blocksstreet parkingvalet staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We took Amtrak from San Diego, and paid for their bus ride from Salinas to this Marriott. I loved the room - the colors were light and decor pleasant. The bathroom was nice as well. The service was excellent. We enjoyed their breakfast buffet - the continental included hard-boiled eggs and cheese, plus everything else usually included (especially good fruit). Although several TA reviews said ask for a room not facing the street, we did anyway to get a nice view. We enjoyed the view of the bay, but the first night, it was noisy in the middle of the night- I think from people leaving their sports bar and spending a lot of time outside talking very loudly. I slept through it the second night, though. I really loved the location. I felt like I was in the middle of a small town and enjoyed walking the area. I liked taking the free "trolley bus" across the way to the aquarium, etc. Fodor's recommended a restaurant right next to the hotel, Montrio Bistro. Their food is excellent. We also ate at Rosine's Restaurant, 434 Alvarado St. Good home cooking, reasonable prices. Be warned, though: They have several irresistable 6-layer cakes on display. I had the lemon and in took me 3 days to finish it! I look forward to staying here again and will probably get a front facing room again for the view.

Room Tip: To avoid noise, get a room in the back. Room 514 has a nice view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravelSanDiego
Reviewed June 23, 2012

There is plenty to do, several excellent restaurants and places to shop within walking distance of the Monterey Marriott. The service received from all staff members was excellent. This was the first time we stayed at this Marriott and the first time we have stayed in Downtown Monterey. We were in Monterey to celebrate our 46th Anniversary. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cgmeigs
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was my fifth trip to Monterey for a conference. It has a great location and was very convenient to the conference center next door. Hotel staff are very friendly. Public areas were kept immaculately. Convenience to bars and restuarants made for great evenings after the conference.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 284Ont
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel is in a great location for visiting cannery row, the aquarium and the wharf. Our room was on the 9th floor with a nice view of the pool and peek at the bay. The bathroom did not look like it had been cleaned when we checked in and the wallpaper was peeling off. At 6:00 in the morning we heard loud engine noises that seemed to be coming from the pool area. We also ran out of toilet paper in the middle of the night and there was not any extra in the room and room service had to be called and told to bring some up and leave it outside the door as not to wake others sleeping in the room. When we checked in we were told that we had a choice of newspapers and our choice would be delivered to our room in the morning, this never happened. Our breakfast in the morning was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank suethe
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was my second stay ath this hotel. It was undergoing some rennovation the last time I stayed and has been greatly improved since my last stay so I thought it was worth re-reviewing. The location couldn't be nicer - only a block or two from Fisherman's wharf. On the next street over there's a Farmers Market / Craft Fair on Tuesdays. Every staff member I encountered was very professional and courteous. I would highly recommend this hotel whether on business or vacation.

Room Tip: Being a Marriott Rewards Gold member got me a room with a beautiful view of the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business