“Mariposa is the place to be!”

Mariposa Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We arrived at the Mariposa two hours early after a very exhausting drive from Yosemite. Not only did they let us check in early, but they surprised us with a free upgrade to a townhouse suite. My boys walked in the room and and exclaimed, "This is awesome. I wish we could stay here longer." They really like the pull down Murphy Bed, fireplace, and flat screen TV. I appreciated the very warm and modern decor and SPACE! Little touches like H20 bath products, Wolfgang Puck coffee, and complimentary bottles of water were much appreciated. The free breakfast was varied and delicious. The next time we are in Monterey, we will definitely stay at the Mariposa.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 25, 2009

We showed up late, and were greeted by very friendly faces saying, "We've been waiting for you!" The room was a very nice size with beautiful decor and a great bathroom.Very cool sink. Reliable wireless internet. Wish we had time to take advantage of the pool and deck area. Good continental breakfast in the morning. No problems, great stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2009

The rooms had been renovated recently. All is new and clean. Room is a bit small (we stayed in a room with 1 king bed with no fireplace). The location is okay, it is closed to highway 1 and a few minutes drive to Cannery Row and old town.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into my room at the Mariposa Inn. Not only was the staff accommodating by letting me check in two hours early, but they also gave me a free upgrade on the room. Everything about this place is unique and beautiful. All the other hotels on the strip have the pools near the street but here it is quietly tucked away. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for great value in a room.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I picked this hotel based on other reviews I read on TripAdvisor and I was very happy with my choice! In the very over-priced and expensive Monterey area, the Mariposa had the only reasonable rates with a touch of modern elegance. Our room was small....the king bed didn't leave much floor space available...but full of unexpected amenities. At every turn I could see the thought and care taken into providing comfort to their guests: bathrobes, soft sheets, extra blankets, ipod player alarm clock, etc. I was quite surprised at the amount of goodies they were able to pack into the small room.

The bed was quite comfortable and noise from the road was not a problem. What I particularly liked was the skylight in the ceiling. Again, thinking about their guests' comfort: the main window in the room looks out onto the walkway in the bog-standard motel style, so one is able to close the curtains for privacy yet still have lots of natural light flowing into the room. Just great!

The staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't swim in the pool yet it looked inviting.

Overall, a very pleasant stay for a very decent price.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Wow. Very nice room (one queen room is small, but adequate). Even though room was near the street - no complaints about noise as in earlier review. Staff friendly with excellent restaurant recommendations. Wide variety of good quality food for breakfast. Excellent value and even better with AARP rate.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank houstonkar
Reviewed May 28, 2009

what a great place! dave our host made our stay so wonderful, so many ideas and full
of directions who needs mapquest!
we ended up staying two nights instead of one & with an upgrade.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends