“cute hotel, great value!”

Mariposa Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
california
“cute hotel, great value!”
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I chose this hotel based solely on Tripadvisor reviews and we were not dissapointed! We stayed at the Mariposa May 15-17 in room 111 (single king). Check in was fast, the girl at the front desk was very friendly and even asked if we had AAA to give an additional discount. Free internet for your room or you can even use the computer w/ printer in the lobby free of charge. The room is modernly decorated, cozy and comfortable. Free continental breakfast each morning from 7-10am which consists of tasty (not the cheap gas station stuff!) pastries, yogurt, bananas, coffee, juices, tea and oatmeal. There's someone attending to the breakfast so it isn't a complete mess.

Our only complaint was the skylight in the room which made it very difficult to sleep in. Also, I don't think the hotel has air conditioning? You may want to call ahead to confirm. You can hear slight noise outside but not anything unbearable. Those issues didn't really affect us, we needed to get up early each day and the weather was mild enough to not need air conditioning or heating.

Overall Mariposa is a GREAT value. We were very happy and will return.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed May 15, 2009

We stayed at the Mariposa for 2 nights in early May 2009. Selena, at the front desk, was very nice, giving us a discount that I hadn't been sure we qualified for, a great dinner recommendation (Lalla Grill - best nachos I've ever had), and coupons for several stores and restaurants at the shopping mall across the street. Our room was small but newly appointed. A large skylight provided an airy feel, but also made it quite bright early in the morning. There is a greenspace across the street that makes for a nice jogging area.

Dayton, OH
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the great value at the Mariposa Inn. We were upgraded to a very nice room with a fireplace. However, it was directly next to Munras Avenue which is a very busy street. The traffic is very noisy all night and was easily audible through the walls. The fridge in the room was also not operating, which we only found out the next morning when we realized out leftovers from a restaurant the night before went bad over night.

The rooms here are designed beautifully and contain a microwave, fridge, safe, and flat screen TV. I highly recommend this hotel, just make sure you specifically request that your room be away from the busy Munras Ave.

Atlanta
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Just returning from 3 nights at The Mariposa, I assumed the cheaper fare we were paying would result in sub-par accommodations. Not true at all. The rooms were were exceptionally nice, clean and comfortable. The decor was inviting, and the landscaping around was beautiful. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I also noticed it was pet friendly - which since I was traveling from the East Coast I didn't have my beloved pets. But for those who do, this is the ideal place to vacation with your four-legged loved ones.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, Ca
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Recently stayed here for a weekend getaway. I had booked a regular king room but was upgraded to one of the townhouse suites, which had a living room with fireplace, 2 bathrooms and a bedroom. For two people this was more than enough space, so that was a bonus. The room was clean with good linens; housekeeping was good as well. The staff was really nice, from check in to granting us a late check out. The free breakfast was well stocked with yogurt, pastries, toast, bagels, cereals, coffee, tea and more. I ended up taking stuff back to the room for later, and they couldn't have been nicer about it. Would definitely stay here again.

Europe
Reviewed May 6, 2009

We stayed there for one night. But I would like to write about very helpful stuff. On the day of our check-out I couldn't find hairpin, which I liked a lot. We asked stuff to let us know if they would find it, as we planned to stay nearby for some time. I didn't expect they would call because of small hairpin. But they did! It was very nice of them.
Room was very comfortable and nice bath. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
san francisco
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We recently just returned from a weekend at the Mariposa for my sister's wedding. The rooms were clean, nice and comfortable. The linens and bath products were also great. But, most of all, the staff was amazing. We were a large party and they were so accommodating. They really worked hard to make our stay comfortable and fun. Thanks especially to Donald who helped us in the evenings.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family