“Nice spacious rooms and great location”

Holiday Inn Express Monterey - Cannery Row
Ranked #17 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Wife and I went on a day trip to monterey and stayed at this hotel. The rooms were spacious and beds very comfortable. Only downside was the short flight of stairs from elevator landing to rooms. Makes it harder to move our luggage.
We liked the fact that it was not far from the aquarium and cannery row shops which made it easy to walk about.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Monterey - Cannery Row, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and that your room and our location worked so well for you. I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in walking distance to everything! Nice hotel, nice staff, free breakfast, free parking. Rooms are on varying levels so it is likely you would have to take luggage up and down a few stairs but it didn't bother us. They can accommodate people who are unable to do that. Would highly recommend this hotel! Great area and close to so much we were barely in our room anyway.

• Stayed: April 2014

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like you had a great time. It sounds like you were able to fully take advantage of all our amenities -- it's great to hear that they all worked so well for you, and that you appreciated our fantastic staff. Thanks for the great review, and I hope we have the opportunity to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were greeted at The Holiday Inn Express Monterey by Sanjay at the desk who was very helpful during our stay. There was a lovely wine and cheese gathering in the lobby in the evenings. We were only a few blocks from Cannery Row and lots of restaurants, so we were able to walk to everything. The rooms and hotel are very clean and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Monterey - Cannery Row, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thanks for leaving us this great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you took advantage of our wine and cheese reception. Thank you for mentioning Sanjay, as well -- I can attest that he's a great guy, and I'm sure he's seen and appreciates your taking the time to mention him. I'm happy that you enjoyed our location and your room, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Spent two nights here while visiting Monterey/Cannery Row and It was a great choice. The hotel is centrally located, less than a block from the water, and has a really friendly staff. Our room was large and very nice and the breakfast was very good with a good choice of fruits in addition to the traditional breakfast fare. Plus they had a pancake machine which the kids loved. This is not a luxury hotel but it is a great place to stay to visit Monterey's many attractions. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms open into a very nice outdoor courtyard and not a hallway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wjones6

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with your family at our property! I hope that you got the chance to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Cannery Row! I'm glad you took advantage of our breakfast and appreciated your room, as well. Thank you for the wonderful review, and we hope to see you on your next trip to the area!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed five nights and I found the HI express Monterey very comfortable and the front desk staff was very friendly and willingly to assist.
The only negative point I can mention is that the breakfast is a little poor.
Very well located. I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I recommend room 309, I think this is the corner north-east.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Monterey - Cannery Row, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in Monterey and that our hotel worked well for you. We'll see you the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I thought the price was a bit overpriced... But, the location is right next to the Cannery Row... Loved the room it had a view of the beach and spacious... The breakfast had ok food it's no Embassy Suite but, it did the job... I recommended the coffee shop right next to the hotel!! The best white chocolate mocha!! My son and I would walk to the beach every morning while my wife got in the shower so convenient!! So overall we had a great time...

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

It's true that room rates Monterey are a higher than many other cities in California -- our location and attractions make us a very popular destination, not to speak of our hotel's location itself. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location next to Cannery Row and that you took advantage our breakfasts! Thanks for the great review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed two nights at the HI Express Monterey - Cannery Row (4/6-4/8) taking advantage of the aquarium package. Our room, 210, was spacious for our family of 4 - two double beds & a pullout sleeper couch. The bathroom is a bit small but still served purpose. Everything was clean and well cared for. We liked the fact we could walk to the aquarium and Cannery Row and some other local attractions (parking is included in your stay). We did take our car to Asilomar, 17 Mile Drive and to Fisherman's Wharf. The breakfast is the standard HIX faire - cereals, yogurt, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes, assorted breads, instant oatmeal and a variety of breads to toast. We did enjoy the wine, juice, cheese and crackers everyday and would have those in the courtyard. Overall a great trip - weather was incredible and unusually warm for this time of year! Can't wait to come back again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyTravelsOH

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at our property, and that your room, our breakfast, and wine reception all worked so well for you. I'm also glad that you were able to take full advantage of the Monterey Bay Aquarium package. We look forward to seeing you again, and hopefully soon!