Monterey's Hilton Garden Inn offers a terrific location, underground free parking and all the amenities. Our top floor room overlooked the pool and firepit and included a very generous veranda with comfortable outdoor chair and chaise. We could also see the indoor gym, which appeared to be well equipped.
The room itself is very nicely equipped. Super comfortable bed with nice bedding. Only the pillows disappointed, but I usually bring my own because no hotel has what I like. The entertainment system offered a really large LCD TV on a swivel with full hi-def service. And the free Internet included both wired and wireless connection. The HVAC is totally silent. The room includes more than usual space and an easy chair with ottoman. There's even a clock radio with built-in connector for mobile device hookup.
With a nicely equipped bathroom, close to perfect. I thought the lighting was tops. You won't need to keep a bath light on at top for easy navigation. Motion-sensitive lighted wall plates guide the way. My sole bath suggestion is to offer a hand-wand style shower head and secure grab bars for steadier operation.
The location is walkable to downtown attractions for strong strollers. And it's just off the freeway for access to other locales like Pacific Grove, Carmel and Monterey's big shopping center and theater complex. But if you absolutely must be within 100 yards of tourist spots, go elsewhere.
Good job, Hilton. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Monterey just completed a full property renovation April, 2013 and sits nestled among majestic Monterey Pines and mature Live Oaks in a dramatic and colorful garden setting. We are conveniently located near California's scenic Highway 1, 1/2 a mile from the beautiful beaches of Monterey Bay, and less than three miles from Monterey Peninsula Airport. Our tastefully appointed hotel guestrooms and suites offer: Individually controlled heating and air conditioning, Private outdoor balcony, In-room refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and 42 inch flat screen hi-def TV's.Self-parking is available to all guests for $14/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Monterey