Hilton Garden Inn Monterey
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Beachfront
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
$209
$195
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
$198
$179
1,633 results
All reviewsfire pitnice hotelunderground parkingnice poolthird floorshort drivehot tubcannery rowwould stay here againeasy accessfront desk stafffitness centerconvenient locationper nightfisherman's wharfpebble beachbig sur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Hilton was clean, comfortable, and a very nice facility overall. Front desk personnel were kind and helpful!
Good location to all Monterey attractions. We stayed only one night and didn't get to take advantage of the very
attractive lobby with cozy looking fireplace area. Would recommend this facility and would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
borinstein, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your "Great Stay" review. I will pass along your compliments to our housekeeping and front desk staffs. Hope you can stay longer on your next visit to enjoy the fireplace and our other amenities like the whirlpool and heated outdoor swimming pool.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I just stayed at the HGI-Monterey for a week on business. The weather in Monterey was freezing, literally! We ate dinner in the bar one night, and I kid you not, I had on three layers of clothes AND a coat. I was still freezing. They had one little space heater on that, since we were the only patrons, I pulled right next to my legs but my feet were still like ice. Every morning the restaurant was also freezing so I had to keep my coat on to eat. The wait staff were dressed in layers as well!

Speaking of the restaurant, it doesn't open for breakfast until 6:30. For the weekend or for leisure travel this is not a big deal, but for business travelers it is! I had to be on the road each morning by 7am, so I had to gobble my Hhonors' breakfast down in 15 minutes.

Ladies, be sure to bring your own hair dyers as this HGI has the cheap little flat dryers that get tangled in your hair easily!

The spa tiles are all falling off the walls :( it doesn't look like a Hilton property!

The mattresses were the sleep by number, but our mattress was just too lumpy to be comfortable on any number! The rooms are looking a little tired; the carpets could use a good steam cleaning.

The HGI is in a great location, just off the freeway....
I have stayed at this hotel at least 20 times, but my next trip to Monterey, I will rethink before booking the HGI.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Yes, the bar and restaurant were extremely cold during your visit, and I sincerely apologize. The hotel is currently under renovation and a new heating/air conditioning unit is going to be installed soon for the lobby, bar, and restaurant so neither our guests or employees have to bundle up to enjoy eating or serving our delicious cuisine. I have begun the internal discussion for opening the restaurant at 6am weekdays based on your suggestion. New beds and repairs of the whirlpool are also renovation areas being completed this quarter. We hope all of these are fully completed by your next visit. Please call me personally before your next trip to Monterey so I can give you the status of each of these items you mentioned in your review.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed for two nights, and was impressed with the quality of our stay. At check-in we were greeted by the most friendly staff. She was very helpful, and we off to our room in no time. As a matter of fact, all of the staff we encountered were friendly and went out of the way to serve us. The breakfast was great, and the parking convenient. The hotel is under going renovation, but this did not affect us, or our stay. The location is close to all major attractions, and was reasonable in price. Overall and excellent and economical choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
borinstein, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Glad to hear that you had a "Great Stay"! I will pass along your compliments to our front desk staff plus the chef and his breakfast team. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and invite you to come back soon and see the hotel post renovation!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last week while exploring PCH along the central coast. We only stayed one night and didn't take advantage of breakfast service, but can tell you that the room was clean, the service was friendly and helpful, and that it is a large hotel. It is laid out in a large rectangle, and our room was on the opposite end so we had a bit of a trek along the inside hallways to get from the front desk to our room. We opted to go this route instead of back (down steps) outside and across the drive to the other entrance (back up steps) and up that elevator.

They have an underground parking garage, although it was full when we were there so we ended up parking in the annex lot behind the outdoor parking area. It must have been filled to capacity, as it was 12/29 and a Saturday night.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the pool. It is in the center of the property, and children were playing well into the evening outside our room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L
borinstein, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Congratulations on taking one of the most beautiful drives in America, PCH along the central coast of CA! Stunning! Thanks for staying at HGI and for your compliments about your room and the staff. Sorry you had a bit of a walk to your room, and if you were staying longer you probably could have easily parked beneath your guest room and taken the elevator right up to your floor. We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with us.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

A three-day "second honeymoon" was just perfect here. The staff greeted us warmly and was unfailingly helpful during our stay. The manager even sent a special gift to acknowledge our special trip :) The balcony was enormous (although it was a bit chilly to use - on the other hand, three un-typical sunshiney late December days in Monterey are a wonderful thing!) The breakfast was a bit better than the usual very good HGI fare. The only minor cavil I have is that there simply aren't enough elevators for this property when it's full. We hope to be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mogon
borinstein, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thanks for celebrating your second honeymoon with us at HGI! We are thrilled you had such a good stay and that the winter weather also cooperated with your special occasion. I will pass along your compliments to our staff for their helpfulness and to our chef for the excellent breakfast. We look forward to your return soon.