“Loved the service!”

Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium
Ranked #47 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We booked here about 4 yrs ago on our anniversary because they had room with jacuzzi for 2 in it. We found it again and they reserved the same room for us upon request and allowed us to Check-In an hour early (they hurried and got it ready). We had people at night talking/giggling in the hall (11pm) and called front desk to see if they could take care of it and they said, "absolutely, that's what we're here for," and they did it right away. Then we checked out on Sunday and Monday morning I realized I left my purse behind the bathroom door and called... they not only FOUND my purse, they immediately sent it to me via UPS and everything was still in it, untouched! We have told tons of people and will definitely be back on more "getaways." Sohil was so kind to us with reservations and sending my purse. My purse arrived early Tues morning. Thanks so much Days Inn, Fish/Wharf/Aquarium!!!!! We appreciate it! --The Bojorquez'

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium

Reviewed February 26, 2010

The lady at the desk was very helpful to me and my husband, she helped us to get a rate that was fit for our budget and she was very nice. I would stay there again the rooms are great and nice location by the attractions. I really like the customer service because without her help we would of had to drive back home 3 hours away.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

my experience when I called to make reservation was not good at all!! the lady that answered the phone was very rude and unprofessional, hung up on me before I could finish making my reservation and when I asked for her name was hesitant to give me her name. Hotel is beautiful and is in a great location but if it's customer service you are looking for it's definitely not the place.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was looking for a Monterey hotel that was close to Monterey bay and Cannery Row, and this Days Inn Monterey was perfect. The prices for Monterey hotels is really high, but this one was much better than the rest and accomodations were good - the staff was very nice. Within walking distance for Monterey Bay, Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2009

My 17 year daughter and I stayed in room 125 last weekend. The room had two queen-sized beds that were very comfortable and had three fluffy pillows each. The bathroom had been remodeled with large tiles on the floor and in the shower/tub. The floor was so shiny, it looked wet! The room was very clean & also had a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and hair dryer. The TV had great reception, a lot of channels to choose from, the remote worked, & it even had a "sleep" button. The inn is across the street from a large shopping center with a movie theater, grocery store, etc. It was quiet and the price was very reasonable (it is still the off-season). The young man behind the counter was courteous. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend of July 26, and it was fine for what we paid. The room was clean, not too noisy (except you would hear the fridge kick on every 30 minutes throughout the night), and everything worked. Lame continental breakfast, but no worse than at every other budget motel in town.

The location is good if you have a car, but seems a bit far to walk to places like the aquarium- although downtown Monterey (Alvarado street and the like) is definately within a 15-20 minute walk. Whole Foods across the street so if you want to do a picnic that's pretty easy. Also a movie theater near by so if the kids are bored of sight-seeing they have someting else to do.

I would stay here again if (like this time) they were the the closest hotel to the main attractions that was within my budget. Realistically, I think it's worth paying a moderate amount more to stay in a nicer place and closer to the things you come to Monterey for.

Having said that, it was fine in a pinch and I may stay there again if my budget is similar.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Staying at Days Inn was an unforgettable experience for me. The rooms are sunny and very clean, everything that was supposed to be working ( like TV, for example ) did, the price was more than reasonable. And the location! I've walked to the Fisherman's Wharf, to the Monterey Museum of Art, to Alvarado Street and our " Ghost Tour ". There are Trader Joe's and Walgreens for those of us who always end up forgetting shampoo, for example, within walking distance as well. I'm not extremely picky about breakfast, so their Continental Breakfast was more than enough. And you got a free copy of USA TODAY. Overall, I wouldn't dream of staying anyplace else.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)