“Great Location”

Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
los angeles
“Great Location”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stayed at this place - weekend of August 1st. Couple of friend and I were here at weekend - we checked all the hotels on munras ave - they all were offering the same rates and we came upon this super 8. Location was right across from Del Monte Shopping center and lots of great places to eat. Rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff at the front desk gave us free laptop access in the lobby for the internet. Will stay here again if I am in ther area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Berkeley
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We loved this hotel. The rooms were large and we got the 2 king suite which was perfect for families traveling with children. Very spacious, clean, and the staff was very helpful and gave us alot of tips on what to see and where to eat. The location was excellent. Right across the street from the Del Monte Shopping Center with lots of restaurants and the Aquarium and 17 mile drive were close by. I would stay there again. The front desk staff were very friendly and nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank DAVIDBERK
usa
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This place was probably if not the worst motel I have ever stayed at. My husband and I stayed there this past weekend and it was the most horrible experienced I ever had. The front desk man watched me as I unloaded my car and walked to my room. It was creepy. There was no sense of privacy. My bathtub had a spider in it. I have pictures to prove it. We were traveling on a budget so we couldn't change motel because they were going to charge us anyways and it was not cheap for the weekend of the fourth of July. We paid $250.00 for a room that was not worth more then $20.00. The front desk man was rude and he locked us out of our room because he wanted us to come see him so that he could interrogate my husband about having guests over and asked what time they would be leaving. It was our vacation and really none of his business. I would never stay there again and if you want to enjoy your vacation and have some sense of privacy I would advise you to not stay here.

4 Thank jeanUsa
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Put simply, this hotel is horrible!! Do NOT trust other reviews! The motel locked us out of our room after we had paid just because we had returned with a couple of friends. All of our belongings were in the room and we could not access it. They were spying on us the entire time. Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car rather than this crappy, horrible, vile, disgusting, repulsive hotel. Never Never Never!!

7 Thank Hayvun
Los angeles
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Horrible service. Soooo expensive for what you get. Charged us $250 for 2 queens, 1 night. The place is not clean (dirty plunger outside our door). I can't say enough about this place we hated it so much. The front desk clerk was so rude and unprofessional.

5 Thank Britt333
Tustin
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I couldn't believe it. No parking one night. There was a traffic cone blocking one space so I moved it. Night attendant comes out and starts ranting and raving about moving "his" traffic cone. He claimed he was the owner. Found out later he was just a night manager (as suspected) and not only that, he had parked his personal car in one of the spaces!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Gibscreen
Liverpool, UK
Reviewed March 16, 2009

We stayed here as part of a west coast road trip and only stayed one night (though wished we'd stayed longer as Monterey is really lovely) and for what we paid (around £30-40 for the night) and as a place to rest our heads overnight I honestly couldn't complain: The rooms were clean and the location is very convenient to driving along Highway 1. The included continental breakfast was a nice bonus.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple