“Descent hotel for price.”

Best Western Plus Monterey Inn
Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Hotel easy to find. Walking distance to Monterey attractions (about 10/15 minutes). Rooms for fine, we were at the back, so quiet but no view. Was abit noisy at night, we could hear everyone walking in the corridor and talking in next rooms.Breakfast not up to much, but did the job. Many people took a tray back to their room as it could ger full. Staff helpful when asking for directions. i asked why it was a "plus", it was just because of the breakfast, not sure it warrented that. Pool didn't look too attractive, all concrete.One PC in the lobby, had to wit your turn.
It was Ok, not sure I'd stay again though

5  Thank Lucysmumanddad
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Monterey Inn

Reviewed May 13, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here last week when I came to CA to visit her. This is an older hotel but it is one of the cleanest I have ever seen - bathtub, toilet, tile, bedding, countertops, floors - were spotless/immaculate and I am a clean freak. The bedding was fresh and clean smelling (I always inspect first). The mattress and pillows were so comfortable and the sheets so soft that both my daughter and I immediately fell asleep in our beds after a long day of driving - the most comfortable beds ever. Our complimentary breakfast the next morning was hearty and delicious. I had scrambled eggs with cheese, a delicious buttered biscuit and 3 slices of thick applewood bacon with my coffee; my more health conscious daughter had a muffin with yogurt. We paid $200 for our oceanside room and unless we were actually standing IN the surf, we could not have been closer to it. Wonderful, clean, quiet, safe hotel. My daughter stays here a lot as part of her sales territory. I highly recommend this hotel and I am VERY picky about cleanliness, safety, etc. This older hotel is perfectly charming and SUPER CLEAN.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Tia1134
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Just got back from a weekend trip to Monterey with my husband. I did so much homework on where to stay and I'm just glad that the decision was made so right! Check-in at 6pm was a breeze and they do ask for your car plate no. so they can keep an eye on it. Parking is underground and has 2 levels, safe and convenient as there are elevators (two) take you straight to the lobby.

They gave us a room on ground floor facing the back, comes with a balcony, very quiet in the room and green on the outside (lots of trees). Room is spacious for two of us for one night, renovated probably few years back but well maintained. Super Clean! (is all that matters to me!) Bed linen and duvet are both clean and very soft (you know you're not in a Ritz)! King size bed is just the right size, although the bed itself did give me a bit of hard time fall in asleep as I'm used to the pillowtop - but that's just me.

The Internet is fast to connect and stable, signal’s strong too. The sitting area chairs are not just looking stylish but actually quite comfortable to sit on! My husband opts to sit on that while surfing the wireless internet instead of sitting at the desk. The tables are also spotless! See it for yourself!

Shower and toilet are in the bathroom, separate with the dressing and vanity area, which they provided tissue, nice organic soup X2 & Terra Pure organic shampoo / Conditioner (to my surprise, because it's one of my favorites when staying in hotel!) Dressing area has sliding full length mirror doors. Towels are thick and clean (not the softest but good enough), shower is spotless (although I wasn't sure if the water spray can be adjusted, and how it sprays is not the way I like it), and they provided a cute laundry basket too! Rarely sees that...

So the whole setting of the room gives a very soothing ambiance, all rooms are access from indoor so it feels safer too. Room is quiet, only in the next morning, when the guests above our room was walking in the room, there was a certain corner of the ceiling (their floor) making a funny sound, perhaps caused by uneven floor? And the room door is not sound-proof. Other than that, the whole night was very quiet.

Breakfast was okay for its continental style; we decided not to have it in and to have a nice sit-down, hot brunch in one of the Restaurants on the wharf. Check out was a breeze too. Oh, and for all these, we only paid $92 (incl. tax, using our Citi-Reward). Normal price during weekend is very reasonable too, $110 incl. tax if I remember it right.

By the way, location is great! Other than being safe, it’s so convenient. We went watched a movie in nearby Del Monte shopping center, movie starts @ 9:15pm, we left hotel room at 9:13pm, and didn’t miss a scene.

Nothing is 100% perfect, but this one deserves a 99.7%.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Artishajoinus
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed at the hotel as a spur of the moment decision. We were in Monterey to visit the aquarium with our 2 kids ages 11 and 8. We decided to stay overnight in order to see more of Monterey. The hotel was a great deal, we paid under $100 and the room was large, clean and comfortable. The help at the front desk was very nice and friendly. Gave us a great breakfast recommendation (There was a free breakfast at the hotel, but we were looking for a sit-down, hot breakfast ).

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank MomOnTheGoNewYork
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We stayed there over night on a trip true california. The hotel is nice and clean. The rooms are big and it is a quite area not to far from the city center.
It takes 10min to walk there.
Hotel have free internet and a small swimming pool. The breakfast is standart, breakfast room is small.
You can park your car for free in a garage.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

We took a drive up the coast on the way to San Francisco over spring break with our boys 9 and 14. We made no plans ahead of time just suggested stops. So we pulled in to Monterey and started looking for a place to stay. We started here based on reviews and it was just what we wanted. Close to the activities, clean, and spacious. We eneded up staying at many Best Western hotels on the trip and this one had the biggest room.We would stay here again.

Reviewed April 23, 2011

We decided to take a last minute trip to Monterey for spring break with the kids. The hotel is a great value considering most decent places will charge over $200 with a two-night minimum. It's about 5 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf and we had a very roomy and clean room (ask for a corner room, they're bigger). The pool is very small, but it's heated and perfect for little ones to splash in. The folks managing the front desk were very polite and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms ar bigger.