Best Western Park Crest Inn
Villa Franca Inn(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$89
$242
$270
$199
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$95
InterContinental
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$165
$151
Orbitz.com
All reviewsroom was cleanbest westernsthe del monte shopping centerwaffle makeryogurtthe breakfast areacontinental breakfastnice place to staypool and hot tubfridge and microwavefisherman's wharfconvenient locationclose to downtowneasy accessmile drivewould stay againmonterey area
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Not quite in the town centre. Good value for the price. Clean, spacious room, helpful manager who resolved a special request quickly and with no fuss, usual BW continental breakfast. Comfortable bed. No a/c, which apparently is usual in older hotels in Monterey, not an issue during our stay but would be if very hot weather.

Room Tip: Second floor preferable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The hotel has some age but the staff is very nice. Breakfast is average for the hotel type but clean and plentiful.

My biggest complaint is though the room had been redone very recently, the carpet was still wet from shampooing and smelled musty when re-entering after being gone.

The location is good and as stated, the staff is friendly and helpful. I was only there two nights movoing son to grad school and was using points..so..Had I been paying I probably would have asked to change rooms due to musty smell.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Spent one night here on our tour of northern California. Rather than saying this was the worst place we stayed I'll say it was the least good place - it wasn't bad, it was just an average motel with a need for modernisation. It was clean, quiet and the front desk staff were very friendly (unlike the staff at the Best Western Plus down the road where I stopped for directions). It's too far from "town" - the main street at the wharf - to walk so had to take the car.

The included breakfast was a typical motel affair, but the breakfast room is little more than a cupboard so got very cramped soon.

The room, a king suite, cost $148 when booked on the Best Western site. We stayed in much (much) better places for less on our tour but I suppose that Monterey prices. Had a microwave and full fridge in the room. No air-con, just a very big fan that looked like it was off an everglades boat. Did the job.

Probably wouldn't stay there again - I'd look for something a bit more up-market, but I'd have to pay more I reckon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

extremely noisy! The shower was laughable. The head was so high that you could only get the water to hit you if you stood at the very far end of the tub. I am 5'8" and can't imagine anyone shorter even getting wet in there. The continental breakfast was your normal cheap carb fest served in a room the size of a closet. Seating for maybe 12 people max. I could not wait to check out! I will say that the desk clerk was super nice and tried hard to fix the problems.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

So they have a few large family suites. This includes a small living room area with a pull out couch and a tv, and then a larger room with the two beds like a normal hotel room. The first thing we noticed, no air conditioning. There was a small portable fan. We also noticed a few univited guests, like spiders. Luckily my kids and husband were able to catch them and relocate them. Parking was full. I'm not sure where we would have parked had we not found our spot. There was a pool, but we didn't get a chance to swim. The breakfast area was rather small considering how packed the hotel was, but there was an area outside with tables that some people could eat at. This hotel was fairly close to some of the attractions in Monterrey like the Aquarium, but you still had to drive. But at least it didn't smell like Sardines outside.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family