Old Monterey Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Colton Inn(Monterey)
Munras Inn(Monterey)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bliving roomgarden cottagethe main houseother guestsashford suitebiscottibed and breakfastport winethe beautiful dining roomeach morningjacuzzi tubwine and cheesequiet neighborhoodeach eveningyogurtbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I went to the Old Monterey Inn for my birthday weekend. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. We were spoiled with excellent service, welcoming inn keepers, amazing couples massages, delicious breakfasts and beautiful rooms and gardens. We were given the option of having breakfast served in their beautiful dining room, in our room or garden. A coffee basket was delivered to our room prior to breakfast so that we could relax in our room. My husband and I really needed some time away and this was the perfect place and worth every penny! We cannot wait to go back someday!

Room Tip: we only saw one room but think they would all be amazing. If you are there during the day and are having massages ask them when the gardeners will be there so that you are not disrupted. Other than that I think they would all be great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

As if Monterey isn’t beautiful enough, this authentic European style inn brings back old world hospitality and long lost charm! Our stay was too short, only a couple of nights but it was truly a great experience. From the friendly check-in with sweet Catherine to time spent with our gracious hosts, Lawrence and Katy who were so friendly and helpful…We wondered what more we could ask for. A big departure from other places we've stayed.

We walked down to Fisherman’s Wharf, strolled through the beautiful neighborhood with is rich history and architecture and overall, had about the best vacation ever! (Really) I didn't realize there was so much to see and do in Monterey so we've decided to make this trip more often.

Breakfast was set each morning in the grand dining room, fit for a king. We enjoyed relaxing over coffee with other guests from around the globe while Lawrence shared restaurant tips and plenty of excursions to try. (He’s got a great sense of humor, too!) The other guest had the same experience we did-everyone was surprised at how seamless and elegant Katy made it all feel…we felt so welcomed into this grand estate nestled in the oak trees.

Everything and everyone involved-from the linens and furnishing to the places we learned about to explore (gee, who knew Monterey had so much to do?) helped make this magical getaway a respite from the craziness for our daily lives…exactly what we had in mind. A beautifully done restoration-kept up perfectly-including the English gardens . The evening wine reception was a standout…the actually knew their wines and enjoyed talking about them!

We chose the Stoneleigh Suite with a very romantic fireplace and great Jacuzzi tub. We love the privacy of not being right inside the mansion itself..just a couple of steps away. Our bed was perfect-of course-heavenly. Thoughtful amenities abound…all very serene. Best of all was the staff. They can make or break a getaway and these folks really delivered on all accounts Thank-you Katy, Lawrence, Catherine and the rest…we’ll return to this gem again and again…there is so much to do in Monterey-finally we have an uber-cool place to escape!

Room Tip: Loved the Stoneleigh Room-a separate cottage with big windows, giant fireplace and Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

If all B&B's were like this, I would never stay in a hotel ever again. There were so many wonderful attributes to this beautiful inn. I booked this inn as a surprise for my husband's birthday. He travels a lot so I knew that whatever I booked, it had to be special. The Old Monterey Inn did not disappoint. Firstly, the serenity of the house and gardens washes over you as soon as you get out of your car. The owners and staff could not be more welcoming and warm. As a birthday surprise I ordered chocolate covered strawberries and champagne on arrival. Delicious! I also booked a fireside couples massage for a little later. I can recommend starting your stay with this experience if you can. It was perfect. Late afternoon complimentary appetizers and good wine is set out for the guests. There is a constant supply of hot and cold beverages and snacks available, and even a decanter of port for fortified wine lovers. Before breakfast we sat outside drinking coffee and taking in the serenity of the gardens, interrupted only by a very busy squirrel in the branches and a sighting of a fawn taking refuge in the ivied grounds. Breakfast is such a treat. The table is so beautifully laid out. Breakfast in bed is an option, but my husband and I chose to eat with the others guests both mornings that we stayed in the inn. I loved my first ever experience of dining and interacting with other guests over a delicious breakfast set up on a huge table next to a roaring fire.
Our room was so inviting and cosy. Lovely, comfortable bed to sink into and easy to use jacuzzi.
I cannot fault my experience of staying in the Old Monterey inn. It really was such a treat and a wonderful experience. I have worked in hotel and catering management for animber of years in the past and as such am so impressed with the amiable professional care we received. My husband and I will be raving about this inn for some time to come.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BozzySoCal
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Lawrence and Katy made our stay amazing! After a long day of flying from the east coast, they made us feel like we could finally relax. The room was cozy with a fireplace and the property was beautiful!! The breakfast was delicious and filling. My husband and I cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Brittyray
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Lawrence & Katy were very welcoming hosts at their beautiful home. The interior was stunning and we had great pleasure relaxing in their lovely garden. Nice too, to have drinks and hors d'oeuvres on the terrace. We were in The Library bedroom and had breakfast on our balcony. The tray of food was beautifully presented & delicious with my gluten free needs catered for. A real gem of a place.
Viv & Peter