“the best mussels of my life” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 297 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Drake Avenue
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“the best mussels of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

beautiful restaurant, with great service and delicious food. The largest, melt in your mouth mussels.

My appetizer didn't come before my entree, and the manager delivered the mussels himself to our table...........and took them off of the bill...........THAT is great service.

California
“Awesome Crab”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

Upon arriving the hostess was a tad rude. However, everything else made up for it. Perfect steak, perfect crab, and great dessert. Our table overlooked the Monterey Bay. If you want a great table be prepared to wait. They only have a first come first serve basis even with a reservation.

Petaluma
“Past its prime.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

We thought about dining here during our recent weekend in Monterey and thank goodness there was a wait (which is suprizing) so we went to the bar for a drink and a snack. After waiting about 15 minutes for the bartended to acknowledge us we had a chance to look around and quickly wished we could cancel our appetizer order. This restuarant has potential, great location, cool interior but that's where it stops. We ate a few bites of our calamari and couldn't get out of there fast enough.

2 Thank gsantel
Upstate, New York
“Kind of average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

Food was fine, not extraordinary. Restaurant furnishings were fine, not extraordinary. Service was excellent and the ocean view is outstanding. This is a favorite spot for tourists visiting the Monterey/Cannery Row area and as such, not my cup of tea. We usually seek out more "authentic" and local places but thought we'd give this a try. I wouldn't go back but I would recommend it for what it is.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
California
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

I called Chart House in Monterey at 2:30PM and asked for reservations for a front window seating. They confirmed a 5:15 PM reservation and got my name and cell phone number. I arrive at the Restaurant at about 5PM. I let them know I have a reservation and my party and I are asked to sit for about 10 minutes. Please note, while we were seated and waiting, people entered the restaurant and were seated in great locations. When we were seated we got a poor table facing the salad bar and no linen on table. I complained but the hostess did not care. The waitress was ok she knew we were upset. The server took or orders, without asking how we wanted the steaks prepared. I assume she already knew. A manager came to our table and asked how everything was and I requested to talk to him after the dinner. After the dinner The Chart House General Manager,Ellen Marconi, asked if everything was ok? I explained the seating issue etc. Marconi said, The Chart House doesnt take reservations and it is first come first serve. I mentioned we were ahead of many seated after we arrived, but, were asked to be seated for 10 minutes. She was sorry, so was I. Poor service is no excuse in this economy. I would avoid Chart House Restaurants during high tourist season, as they have too much business.

3 Thank CalSon