“Very beautiful view & awesome food!!!”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 304 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Drake Avenue
“Very beautiful view & awesome food!!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This was the first time we went there. Loved the 3 small portions of soup that you can try. Clam chowder was yummiest I have ever had. Lobster bisque was 2nd. Had the seafood grill which was really good too. Lava cake is good for a group. Very rich but really tasty. We don't eat that much sweet so had it to go. 1 bite got the heart beating. Overall will definitely come back. Server was really attentive & knew what they were doing.

Northern California
“Great service, excellent food with beautiful presentation”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The service couldn't have been better and because we were staying at the Spindrift Inn, just one block away, we left our vehicle at the B&B and walked to the restaurant. That way we didn't have a problem with finding a parking place. Our B&B made reservations for us and as a result and because it was my birthday, the Chart House presented me with a large wonderful piece of lava cake. It was especially nice because there was no loud obnoxious birthday song, just a lovely piece of cake that we shared. The Chart House offers a three course dinner for $29 which our friends took advantage of. It was quite a savings over ordering entrees off the menu which did not come with a salad or soup.
We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Templeton, California
“57th Wedding Anniversay”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Service was super very attentive, courteous and willing to help. Food was excellent and the price reasonable. I like to thank Jordan and Debbie who attended us in a very special way.

• Visited March 2014
Monterey, CA
“Consistency is a winner”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

It was a week day evening and we had a difficult time finding a parking spot.

They still have the salad bar at this location for those of you who have been familiar with this company. They are well maintained but not spectacular especially for the price. Whole Foods salad bar is a better choice.

That being said, the bar menu and happy hour items are pleasant and offer good value.

And the view is priceless. The place is virtually on stilts on the water, and it's worth the trip just for that. If you don't want to be seated at the table facing the hotel balconies, you might want to specify that when you make your reservation.

The tables are set nicely, but what is up with the IKEA pendant lights?

We were there for my birthday dinner. We began with the local red wine. The winery has made a commitment to donate money to Home Front, an organization supporting the military families, and it was a well priced good wine, fruit forward, with good tannin, not inky, but with well balanced acid.

The server did say the onion soup was not the best pleaser, and she was right. I like onion soups, and found this version a little too salty (often a kitchen crew inconsistency) and said so. It was served in an onion (interesting and unique) and contained beef chunks. I like the chunks, my dining companion found it a little too much. She doesn't eat red meat.

We both had seafood. To be totally honest, it was neither the best or most memorable. They were good and fresh which is important. You might as well have a steak or chops at the Chart House because you can get fish for less and just as well at any other ubiquitous fish places in
town.

Creme brulee I remember. It was well made, and well, my mouth is besotted with it. Still achingly remember the creaminess and sweetness....

I think we'll go back for the happy hour at the bar.

• Visited November 2013
Ft. Mohave
“Perfect 20th Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, excellent food (Strawberry Bibb Salad is wonderful). My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary dinner, they added a special header to our dinner menus, which I found to be a thoughtful touch. Our waitress, Sabrina, was so sweet and made great dining and cocktail recommendations. We will definitely go again when we are in Monterey.

Visited March 2014