“Excellent Scampi”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 306 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Drake Avenue
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our first Dinner in Monterey and My Wife raved about her Scampi the whole time we were there. I however was disappointed with my Mahi. I ordered it as fresh grilled. I got through about half before I realized I was served the Macadamia crusted version. The sauce was good but the Mahi was overcooked- I know it is a firm fish, but it should not be dry. I did enjoy the salad bar- extra charge. It was $8.75 but I think it would be a better deal at $6.50 since it was not exceptional other than you can go as many time as you want and you don't find salad bars anymore.

1  Thank rcsteinhart

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Call ahead for a reservation. You can request a table by the window so that you can look out into the Bay while dining. Those tables are first come, first served but we were seated immediately. The crab cakes were amazing, as was the sea bass. It was lovely to eat dinner while watching otters and seals play in the Bay!

2  Thank Jules102467
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Great food, exceptional service, great views of the bay. Being members of Landry's Select Club, they gave us the VIP treatment. Our favorite place to eat in Monterey.

1  Thank bsryan
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We ate here August 23,2013. Great view of the ocean, service was very good and very friendly waitress. The dinner was excellent as well were the cocktails. Next time we are in town we will most definitely have dinner here again, you won't be sorry if you try this place.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We ate here a couple times now and the food is always so good. My husband had the streak and I had the yellow tail. MMMM I'm hungry just thinking about it. Service was great in the beginning then it got a little slow, I think the waitress got very busy. But that was ok we had a great time.

1  Thank Carrie K