“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 297 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Drake Avenue
Yerington, Nevada, United States
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Husband & I enjoyed the view from a great table even though we did not have reservations. (I wouldn't press my luck a second time though, it was a busy place) Our dinner was delicious.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tracey F

St. Croix
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were visiting Monterey to celebrate our anniversary and happened across the Chart House. It knew we had to try it as one of our first dinners together (even pre dating) was on St. Croix (where we live). Even though that Chart House closed back in 1995 we wanted to give this one a try. Some of the things we remember from 25 years ago like their big salad bar and Mudpie dessert are still standards. We were able to grab reservations on a busy Saturday night, didn't get a window seat but didn't really expect it. Service was good and the food was pretty good. Steak medallions a bit over medium even after being asked if I was OK with pink throughout. If we lived in Monterey this Chart House would be on our list of regular restaurants.

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Enjoyable Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We used to regularly eat at Chart House restaurants when we lived in Southern California which was many years ago. We always enjoyed the ocean views, the good service and the food. I was intrigued when I discovered that there was a Chart House right next door to our hotel in Monterey ( the excellent Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa) and was curious as to whether we would enjoy it as much as we did 25 years ago. The Chart House Monterey did not disappoint and it was as enjoyable as I remembered our Southern California experiences. The food and service were excellent and the views were great, so much so that we returned for dinner a second evening. Two truly enjoyable dining experiences.

1 Thank mokersj
Northville, Michigan
“Ok but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Steak was mediocre at best and undercooked. My cioppino was good but not a stand out. Service was great.

Washington, DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Satisfied customer on Mother's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Andres, one of the waiters, went above and beyond over mother's day weekend to accommodate us! I was amazed at his 1) professional demeanor 2) his kindness and consideration and 3) how he made sure to check in on us at the appropriate times.

The restaurant was swamped that weekend but he still took the time out to see if he could get us a small table by the bar when we were sitting outside getting frozen in the cold! The reason we came in the first place was because someone told us on the phone that there were gas heaters on the deck and I had my 80 year old mom and my six month old baby with me. However, there were none present. As it got colder in the evening it was hard to enjoy our food until we asked Andres to move us. He was very honest about the lack of availability but he said he would try. In the end he made sure we were taken care of.