“Lots of Beer Choices, Good Appetizers and Great Burgers!”

Cannery Row Brewing Company
Ranked #26 of 298 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wave Street
Jacksonville, Florida
“Lots of Beer Choices, Good Appetizers and Great Burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Overall experience was very good from the service, appetizers and food. Burgers are cooked how you want them and for those who love beer, there are LOTS of choices as there are about 75 or so on tap! The only con is that it is in a crowded touristy area, so finding parking on the street can be a challenge if you are not one to use the pay for parking garages in the area. I would definitely go back the next time I am in town.

• Korean first
ponpef
“Listen to that Little Voice that Tells You...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Well, in my case, "run!" As soon as we walked in I knew that everything about this place-- music, decor, menu, prices, lighting-- was designed to keep me out. But, surrounded by hungry family members, I entered. The place is dark and smelled like stale beer. The music was loud and programmed to annoy me. (I would tell you why but I can't identify a single thing I heard.) Everything on the menu seemed to cost just a few dollars more than it should. My wife's beer was $6.50 and tiny. My hamburger was $15, but I can't say it was overpriced. It was very, very, very large, piled with onion rings, a slab of cheese, and lots of bacon-- an actual bargain for those who might crave a heart attack before dawn. (I ordered it, so I can't complain. But do call the medics, or my cardiologist.) "Do you have a dijon style mustard?" "I'll have to ask." (Evidently they don't, but we'll never know.) My kid's kid's meal (fish and chips) was nearly as big as my burger. The french fries weren't bad. The onion rings were. (Good pickle, though). My wife got fish tacos and said the filling was fine, but the little tortillas that came with it weren't even heated up or softened in any way-- just cold, hard corn tortillas that broke when you tried to bend them and pick up the taco. She ate the filling. What can I say? We went in. We felt the vibe immediately. We didn't make a creative excuse to run out the door. "Oh lord! We left the water running! We can't stay!' So we stayed and felt like dumb tourists spending too much for an unsatisfying meal in unsatisfying surroundings. Ah well. Monterey is beautiful!

Sacramento
“Good selection of beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lots of brews on tap, good food, nice ambiance. Only complaint is that the server didn't know much about their beers, when asked which were local beers, she suggested a San Diego beer.

Hereford, AZ
“75 beers on tap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My son and I stopped in here yesterday for a beer. He ordered the Boarding Room Stout and I had the house wheat. Both were excellent and very fresh. We only had one beer each, though, as the prices were on the high side. My wheat was $5.50 and my son's stout $8.50

A band was getting ready to play for the evening and tinkered around with the mike so much it hurt our ears and we gladly left. The crowd was getting big, too for a Sunday evening.

This is a larger brew pub right on Cannery Row. It's worth a stop .

FL
“Great beers, great burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went in for the great selection of craft beer drafts and bottles, and weren't looking to eat anything. After sampling a couple of delicious drafts, my wife and I split a BBQ burger that was absolutely delicious. Prices are a little high, due to touristy location, but in line compared with other places in the immediate area. I definitely recommend this place while in the Cannery Row area.

Visited June 2013