“Orcas,”

Chris' Fishing Trips & Whale Watching
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer full service guided Family Friendly Fishing & Whale Watching tours year around in the third largest deep submarine canyon in the world. Our skippers are known for their ability to find Gray whales, Killer wWhales, Dolphins, Turtles, Porpoises and more! We also offer Burials at Sea.
Lubbock, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Orcas,”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was thrilled to see the marine life on this outing. We got to see Orcas in the ocean!!!! It was cold but there was area in the boat to sit inside.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Shingle Springs, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great price for a great experience!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

There are a lot of choices in Monterey for whale watching. Chris's was really affordable and the staff was excellent. This company does not have all of the bells and whistles that some of the others do, however you get a true experience of ocean travel. I would prefer this over the others as it is not as commercial. The boat captain is one of the best in Monterey. The particular day we went there was not much wildlife out to see, however I felt like I got my money's worth just on the boat ride! Was a great experience!

Visited May 2013
Lower Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great trip”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Chris and crew were every nice throughout our whale watching experience. Watching the whales swimming wild in the ocean instead of in pools was a wonderful sight.

Visited May 2013
Carpinteria, California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Gone Fishin...”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My buddies and I booked Chris' for a day of fishing. Even though we didn't catch much, we had a blast. We went out on the Check Mate and there was about 12 people on the boat in addtion to the Skipper - Tinker, and the deck mate - Dave. We spent the day chaseing the salmon but these guys were there every step of the way to help whenever anyone needed it. You don't need to know how to fish in order to have a great time. They help you every step of the way and they are genuinely nice guys. The boat was clean and everything was as expected. Even though we didn't catch much, we'd still use them again. Oh and they don't serve food on the trip, so bring your cooler with your own food, beer or anything else you want. I know some of their competitors won't allow it but these guys are in it for the fish, not selling all of the other stuff for the money.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CA_dreamer__103066
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Repeat Customer”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was out in Monterey a couple of years ago and used Chris' for whale watching. The seas were rough that day my friends, but we did manage to spot some grey whales. This year I decided to try my hand at fishing. It was evidently between the cod season and the salmon season, but we had a chance to catch some flounder. The guy at the booth the day before I went out wasn't too sure if they could take me, since he thought there may be a cancellation and he'd call me and let me know if I could go. He called later and my passage was book.

They set me up with left a left handed reel. I loved the fact that they let ME do the fishing. I baited the hook, I set the hook, I reeled the fish in, I took the many fish off the hook. So, this wasn't very touristy, like some outfits can be. This had been the fourth time in my life I had been ocean fishing and they made it feel like I was able to do it myself. I got seasick, but I could have caught over a hundred of those flounder with these guys. We also tossed out some crab pots and I guess we were allotted seven dungeonous crab (sp?). I was so thrilled with this day. Some reviewers alluded to the fact that the crew was grouchy per chance. I didn't think they were, but if they were I'd say it gave the experience a salty sailor feel, which would make they experience even better. Go with Chris', I recommend them, even if you're a land lubber like me...