“Worth the sickness”

Chris' Fishing Trips & Whale Watching
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer full service guided Family Friendly Fishing & Whale Watching tours year around in the third largest deep submarine canyon in the world. Our skippers are known for their ability to find Gray whales, Killer wWhales, Dolphins, Turtles, Porpoises and more! We also offer Burials at Sea.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've been on boats before and I've never been sea sick, but on this tour I've been quite bad so I suggest not to eat anything before doing it! But viewing whales was anyway a great experience and I still got their pictures from my friends :)

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Firstly this review is not based on Chris's trip as we never got to experience that! After spending quite some time researching which company to use when whale watching in Monterey we chose this tour. This was mainly due to the small boat and believing that we would get closer to the whales if we were lucky enough to see any. We booked online from the uk and the communication was good about bringing warm clothes and arriving early.
We arrived on old fisherman wharf an hour before the 10am tour, we went to chris's who acknowledged are booking, then handed us a blue ticket and sent us over to another hut, Hegave no further explanation and just pointed and told us to "pay the man".
After paying the man it dawned on us we were not now going on Chris's trip we were now booked on the Princess whale watching tour!
We sought out te man from Chris's who simply said his boats had been chartered out for fishing trips by "big corporations" that this happens all the time, all the tour operators are friends and they all visit the same spots anyway ............... So much for his claims!
We don't expect a great deal on holiday but with only one day in monterey on our trip we felt very let down we had not been informed by Chris about this as we could have made our own alternate plans.

2  Thank dontletthesungodown
Reviewed April 15, 2012

A pleasant afternoon spent on the ocean!!! The man from Chris' who took our money was not friendly but the crew of the boat did great.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

They recently raised their price but still honored old price on brochure that we took from our hotel, so that's good. And they know where to bring us to see the migrating gray whales.
The boat (star of monterey) is smaller compared to other operators, so we were worried about getting sea-sick, especially after reading in many postings that people got sick left and right. But it was unfounded. nobody got sick and I really enjoyed the trip.
tips: do dress warmly. it's very windy out on the sea.

1  Thank IvyVa
Reviewed September 16, 2011

After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit leary of this particular boat. But, having a $32 pp/ with an addtional $2 pp off, we went with this one, compared to one of the others that were quite more expensive. We only wanted to go on a 2 1/2-3 hrs. tour, so I can't compare any of the longer tour boats, but this one stayed out the longest and was right there with the more expensive ones in search of whales. The captain was knowledgeblae, and the whales were many!! We saw dolphins, and Humpback whales (who put on a show jumping out of the water for us). It was just the right amount of time to see all we wanted without getting to be "too much time" on the boat. I would recommend this tour

1  Thank tinsley a