“Wonderful Experience - Treat Yourself!”
Review of Elysium

Elysium
Ranked #4 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Monterey
More attraction details
Owner description: Come experience "Total Bliss" with us at Elysium. Offering the best in Custom Facials, Therapeutic Massage, Full Body Waxing, Complete Nail Care and Make up Applicaton. Our trained professionals will pamper you and bring balance to your Mind, Body and Soul. We pride ourselves in giving relaxing massages with every facial, healing results with every massage and warm, caring touches with every services. We look forward to having you as a valued client.
Phoenix
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience - Treat Yourself!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was visiting the Monterey area with a friend in July 2012 and booked an appointment for both of us on the recommendation of other TA members. So glad I did! I used the easy online booking service and it was painless and very efficient.

We arrived at the appointed time and were greeted by a friendly and professional receptionist. Our therapists were not quite ready for us so we were escorted into the relaxation/serenity room to wait, and offered champagne, water or tea. The room was lovely and serene with four chaise lounges, soothing music and a mini refrigerator.

I had a 30 minute neck, shoulder and back massage with Lisa that even included my arms and feet ($50). Lisa was extremely skilled, the pressure was perfect, and she had a very healing touch. Her transitions were flawless. She made sure I was comfortable and at ease as this was my very first professional massage. I've had a few since then and nothing compares. My only regret is not booking an hour with her instead.

My friend had an hour with Charlene and commented that it was the best massage she's ever had. She does get regular treatments in her home state so this was a huge compliment.

As I finished before my companion, I was escorted back to the serenity room where I was encouraged to relax and take my time. I also enjoyed a glass of champagne while I waited. I was checked on to see if I needed anything.

This truly was a wonderful experience and amazing way to start off our long weekend vacation. I would not hesitate to go back if I were in the area again. Actually wish Elysium was just around the corner from me instead of out of state.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank azhaelia

Monterey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful service & price”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is the first time I visited this spa. I am a local and received a gift certificate at Christmas. I had a 60 min. neck, shoulder & back massage by Charlene (the owner). What a wonderful job she did! The pressure was perfect and even included my feet and arms.

The only negative was there was no one to greet me as I arrived. I had to roam around to find someone to let them know I was here...finally found a hair stylist with a customer and she told me to just have a seat in the waiting area. Another therapist came out to the desk and didn't know I was sitting there. Finally, Charlene finished her previous appointment and we actually started about 10-15 minutes behind my scheduled time.

It is in a refurbished house converted to a day spa. No saunas or jacuzzi's so you just go for your service or treatment and leave. I would return for the quality and price of the treatment, but not to lounge and relax.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Irmama
Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Honestly, I've been to some fabulous spas (many much pricier), but I believe I had the best massage I've ever had at Elysium. The massage therapist had a great touch, and she really seemed to know exactly what to do to knead out the tension in my neck, shoulders and back. It was a great way to start a vacation. I wish I lived near there so I could go all the time!

Visited June 2012
Monterey, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great massage for a great price”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Due to some health issues (Migraines) I pretty much get a massage twice a month which helps me fend off more frequent headaches. I'm very picky about my massages because I've had so many of them and I prefer a lot of pressure to help release my tense muscles. A good massage therapist is hard to find and I'm so happy that I found Liz at Elysium. Don't be fooled by her petite appearance, she's very skillful at finding all the knots and sore spots on your body and by the end of my 90 minute massage I feel as weightless and amorphous as a jellyfish.

Elysium also offers a great 15% discount to military and dependents which makes my bi-monthly visits affordable. They also have an online scheduling system on their website which makes it easier to plan my visits. I sometimes schedule visits the morning of for a late afternoon session without the hassle of calling the receptionist and waiting over the phone.

The facilities are clean, quiet, and spacious. I am offered water and beverages before and after my session and they place me promptly in the relaxation room after check in. I find their personnel friendly and professional and I am impressed by how consistent they are with their service.

Visited April 2012
Sacramento, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“I'd drive the 6 hours for this place!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I had a group of six with me. The Elysium Total Bliss Spa was able to accomidate all 6 at one time! This took a lot of time and I'm still amazed that the staff there were able to get six massage therapist's for the 9 am hour on a Saturday!!!! I had Sherry, don't let her fool you by her small frame!!! She provided me with such wonderful pressure! You wount be disappointed! The other 5 gals there LOOOVED their massage's as well!! we plan on going back there as a day trip!!

Visited March 2012