“Fmazing Foods” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar

Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 297 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar, suspended over the waters of Monterey Bay, is a stunning restaurant featuring sustainable seafood and approachable, contemporary American cuisine. The ideal location for celebrating the Central Coast and the spectacular coastal region, Executive Chef Waller's commitment to fresh, sustainable seafood is reflected in the creative menu which features a variety of seafood options, both raw and cooked, as well as appetizers, soups, salads, large platters meant for sharing, and wood-fired dishes. A creative cocktail menu is served alongside an impressive wine list highlighting Monterey County vintners. The high-energy bar, bustling open kitchen, and dramatic outdoor patio personifies a relaxed, fun and joyous atmosphere.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fmazing Foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This restaurant was amazing all the foods was delicious me and my family enjoyed it lot I hope I can go to Italy once more to go to that restaurant and take picture of their foods to show my other families in England .

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great View, Food, and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the hotel and the restaurant did not disappoint us! The seafood sampler was delicious (juicy, flavorful swordfish!) and the ahi tuna won the prize for best entree at the table. The service was impeccable, yet casual.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank metgas
Toronto, Canada
“Thanks TA for the recommendation destination experts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Schooners is in the Monterey Plaza Hotel on Cannery Row. It was a nice walk from the aquarium. We did have a little trouble finding it so keep looking. I am listing that it is in the Hotel because, we were not expecting it to be in a hotel.

Usually, we avoid hotel restaurants. Especially for 'local' type specialties. This was a recommendation from some 'TA destination experts' who did not lead us a stray in many other restaurant choices so we tried it and it was wonderful. Thank you so much local experts!

There are both indoor and outdoor seating both with great views of the bay.

This was my chance to have to quentessential chowder in the sourdough bread bowl. I didn't get it in SF as I read stories of thick soups with too much flour & potatoes and not enough clams. That it put me off. but I really wanted to try it. It was on my 'culinary bucket list' I tried it here and it did not disappoint! Good texture not too thick or too thin. Good ratio of potato and veg to clam. Each spoonful finished with a slight cognac flavour which cartainly tasted like 'some more' I can't believe I ate the whole thing down bread bowl and all.

For those that don't want the breadbowl you could get it without.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had lunch here during my stay in Monterey. The fish tacos were tasty although i did find a bone in mine which was a surprise.

Great location and worth the effort to visit,

• Visited October 2012
Great Barrington
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food was deliciouis. The service excellent. Our waiter was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable in both the food recipes and wine list.

Visited October 2012