“Great lunch spot for an above average quick bite”

Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 307 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar, suspended over the waters of Monterey Bay, is a stunning restaurant featuring sustainable seafood and approachable, contemporary American cuisine. The ideal location for celebrating the Central Coast and the spectacular coastal region, Executive Chef Waller's commitment to fresh, sustainable seafood is reflected in the creative menu which features a variety of seafood options, both raw and cooked, as well as appetizers, soups, salads, large platters meant for sharing, and wood-fired dishes. A creative cocktail menu is served alongside an impressive wine list highlighting Monterey County vintners. The high-energy bar, bustling open kitchen, and dramatic outdoor patio personifies a relaxed, fun and joyous atmosphere.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Bright and cheery inside, beautiful view outside. Excellent service. Diverse menu but both of our entrees were fabulous - fish tacos and fish + chips. Definitely valet park at hotel entrance and get ticket stamped for free parking at Schooners.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,772)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've enjoyed our dinners here. Service is attentive but not overbearing. We love the fact that there's a great restaurant just downstairs from our room! I can't eat seafood at all, but Schooners offers other excellent menu choices, and have even made up special dishes just for me. (my husband can eat anything). Prices are moderate to moderately high. But, you're getting good food, excellent service and a beautiful view!

1  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been staying at the Plaza for 15 years and schooners is my favorite part of my Monterey experience every time. We were so excited when we sat down to see Anna working in the bar. She is the best bartender hands down.Thank you Anna for making me my favorite VERY BERRY MARTINI!!! I hope you guys put it back on the menu soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I would highly recommend booking reservations. We arrived without a reservation and they were more than accomodating (not a busy time of year). However, once again a table for two got us a table beside the kitchen. The service was excellent and the waiter very helpful and knowledgable. His appetizer recommendation was Hot Water ... It was very good if you like seafood. For our main meal we had the swordfish which was spectacular. I would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant and will hopefully have a chance to return.

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed October 2, 2012

It is in a wonderful location with a deck outlooking the water. We only had breakfast which was very good and the service was excellent. The dinner and lunch menu looked good as well. Maybe next time.