“Great seafood spot”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a fish market that has a small dine-in area that is a few blocks removed from the hustle of Cannery Row. Menu is basic but features plenty of local seafood, all of which is fresh. No fancy views or elegant atmosphere, but if you are looking for tasty fresh local Monterey seafood, this is a great spot. Seating is limited, though they do a good job of moving people through quickly. We were there on a weekend night at 7pm without a reservation and only have to wait about 30 minutes.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Five of us with discerning tastes and palates enamored of excellent food descended upon a hotel concierges recommendation to sup on a phenomenal fish dinner. If you enjoy any type of seafood do not miss this local gem.

3  Thank Harinder G
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My friends and I finished up a morning of diving last weekend and wanted to find a different spot for lunch so we decided to try this place out. There was a slight wait as the tables were all full but we were glad we waited!
Checking out the fresh fish for sale definitely helped increase our appetites. I ordered the garlic and butter sea scallops which were great. I read great reviews about their clam chowder so got a cup of that too. I found it a little on the plain side but it was still good.
One of my friends got the albacore sandwich which he realky liked too (cajun style though he expected something a little more spicy). My Other friend was on a restrictive diet so he got the salmon simply grilled and served the way he wanted and that was also a plus.
The service was great and we actually got seated sooner than expected. As I mentioned above, the fish for sale looked really good. We were tempted to take some home but knew we would be too tired to cook anything after the drive home.
Will definitely go back again after the next dive trip!

2  Thank Kumi M
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a very unique little place. They sell fresh fish and the small restaurant serves very good fish plates. It is not a fancy place but don't let this fool you, the food is very good. My wife and I had their Fish and Chips and we were very happy with the taste and the price. They charge half of what you pay in the places on Cannery Row.
The next day we went back and ordered a Crab Salad Sandwich to go and enjoyed it on a picnic near the ocean. We will eat here again on our next visits to Monterey.

1  Thank Roberto C
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just had lunch. Blackened rock fish on rice with veggies. Super good food. Waiters are friendly and on the ball. It also is a fish market, so you can see their operation and it made me feel this was a real fresh fish place.