“A Meal On a Drink all in One!”

The Fish Hopper Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Street
Transit: Cannery Row has free trolley service from various locations on the Monterey Peninsula with stops directly in front of the restaurant. There is also the normal public bus system which a stop within a short distance of the restaurant.
Description: The Fish Hopper Provides Restaurant, Catering, Bar, Happy Hour, Private Parties, Weddings Dinners, Wedding Rehearsal Dinners, Online Ordering, Outdoor Seating, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch Services to the Monterey, CA Area.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I needed a pick me up visiting the area while my wife is in the ICU my barber back home told me about the Ultimate Seafood Bloody Mary. Of course asking how much it is, I really weighed my decision if I should be spending $28 on a drink?! YEA! It's more a drink it's a meal. Crab slider, bacon wrapped prawn, crab stuffed olives, crab in a lemon cup and a fresh oyster. A meal and a drink in one why not?! It helped me put aside my stress and anxiety just for a couple hours. I lived here for 8 years and never even knew about this special delight of a drink meal!

Date of visit: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3,442)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the minute we arrived the service was A+. Warmly greeted and were seated with a beautiful night view of the ocean. Food was great. Oysters are a must the best. Crab stuffed shrimp was fantastic. Cioppino was the best. Brianna our server was a gem she was attentive and helpful. Thank you Fishopper for a great experience.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed February 28, 2020

My daughter and I stopped here for a late lunch and the happy hour had just what we wanted. Fish tacos, crab cake sandwich with fries, and $5 draft beer really hit the spot. And the beautiful views of the bay topped off the positive experience. Definitely a place to enjoy on a trip to Monterey.

Reviewed February 25, 2020 via mobile

Loved this place. Great views from the porch right over the water! Fabulous pear scallop salad!!!!!!! Service outstanding as well. Would definitely eat here again. Nothing fancy just a super comfortable place with good food!!

Reviewed February 24, 2020

We stopped in for lunch on a recommendation by a woman at the aquarium. I asked for a seat by the window. We had a great view of the bay. I ordered the clam chowder and crab cakes. Both were delicious. My husband had the snapper sandwich. He said it was very good. After we finished eating, we enjoyed the view.