“Lunch with a View”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Street
Transit: Cannery Row has free trolley service from various locations on the Monterey Peninsula with stops directly in front of the restaurant. There is also the normal public bus system which a stop within a short distance of the restaurant.
Description: The Fish Hopper Provides Restaurant, Catering, Bar, Happy Hour, Private Parties, Weddings Dinners, Wedding Rehearsal Dinners, Online Ordering, Outdoor Seating, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch Services to the Monterey, CA Area.
Reviewed February 24, 2020

We stopped in for lunch on a recommendation by a woman at the aquarium. I asked for a seat by the window. We had a great view of the bay. I ordered the clam chowder and crab cakes. Both were delicious. My husband had the snapper sandwich. He said it was very good. After we finished eating, we enjoyed the view.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3,442)

Reviewed February 23, 2020

This place had had so many write ups, I was concerned it wouldn't live up to the reviews. But it didn't disappoint!! I was greeted promptly and kindly and shown to a table with a gorgeous view of the water. (Many tables have fab views.). There was a fan blowing right on me, so I asked to move and was immediately moved to a table outdoors under a heater. Splendid! Right on the edge of the wrap-around balcony, so not only beautiful views but the lovely sound of the surf. I had a delicious salmon served with risotto and vegetables and a yummy wine recommended by my waiter. The service was attentive throughout, and my meal was gluten free. I will definitely go back!

Reviewed February 22, 2020

We were greeted by a friendly hostess and ushered to a porch area table for 4, (we were a party of 2). There was a large family next to us with VERY loud children. While we waited for our waiter to come, I saw a table for 2 leaving and thought it would be quieter to sit away from the screaming kids...... So I asked the bus boy if we could change our seats; he looked at us like we were asking for a seat in Buckingham palace and said "you need to ask your waiter". So when the waiter came I asked him if we could shift over to the table of 2 and he FLAT out said "NO" we have a line of people waiting. He was rude, not accommodating and clearly couldn't do the math that we were offering to move to a table of 2 and leave a table of 4 open! So I said " ok we will leave because the kids are too loud." He just shrugged and out we went. End of story: we found a place a block up the road and it was much better. Friendly and nothing frozen. If you want a carnival scene, go for it!

1  Thank rubyBedfordNY
Reviewed February 20, 2020 via mobile

My wife asked a local police officer as to lunch options and we were given GREAT advice; on the water of the Steinbeck Plaza and we were treated to awesome views, service, and waterfront views. Our waiter, Chase, recommended a fabulous dish [my best meal in the two weeks visiting this coast] locally sourced red fish, prawns [shrimp for us east coasters] ravioli in a light cream sauce. It was of the right proportion, VERY flavorful and filling. If I didn't have a flight to catch, I’d be going back...until next time.

Reviewed February 16, 2020 via mobile

Get there early, if it’s a nice day get a seat outdoors, and enjoy. Quick service, delicious food, great location. Calamari were very good, not great. But stuffed sole and Monterey special were outstanding.