“Great food and outstanding views” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fish Hopper

Fish Hopper
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Hopper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 297 Restaurants in Monterey
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Street
Transit: Cannery Row has free trolley service from various locations on the Monterey Peninsula with stops directly in front of the restaurant. There is also the normal public bus system which a stop within a short distance of the restaurant.
Description: The FishHopper * Experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean, combined with world class dining on historic Cannery Row,within walking distance to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and fine shops.The Fish Hopper, once an original sardine cannery building, offers spectacular panoramic views of the beautiful Monterey Bay from every table including our heated outdoor patio. The Fish Hopper specializes in fresh sustainable seafood,certified Angus steaks,pastas and live shellfish.Some of our menu favorites are the fresh abalone from the Monterey Bay, the “Island Sampler”(fresh seared Ahi tuna from Kona served with coconut shrimp and a crab cake), Macadamia-crusted halibut, our famous “Tomahawk Chop” long bone-in Rib Eye, or fresh Dungeness Crab available year round.2010 West Coast 1st place winner for our famous clam chowder soup.In addition to our fabulous menu indulge in one of our many exotic cocktail creations. While enjoying a delicious meal watch frolicking sea otters at play and even see the occasional whale.
Independence, Missouri
“Great food and outstanding views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch with my wife and friends today. Had a very good fettuccine with prawns and excellent clam chowder. Will eat here again next time I'm in Monterey.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Roseville, California
“Outstanding fish restaurant....always!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here June 5th 2014. It wasThursday and it was busy. Regardless...we had excellent service from a server named Elizabeth. She was prompt, knowledgeble about all the meals we asked about, and checked on us several times during our meal. Other restaurant employees also were very attentive to our needs.

We had Sand Dabs....Excellent!!!!! Small mild white fish from local waters. Overall the meals were totally enjoyable!!!!!

If you like seafood...don't miss this nice restaurant with great Monterey Bay views....located in Cannery Row.....Mike

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Graham, Texas
“Excellent food and views, lousy drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit and I really like the food here. Had the swordfish this time and it was excellent. Weather was nice so we sat in the outdoor patio with a perfect view. The food comes out on time and is plated really well. Portions look a little small but trust me you will leave full. Had the worst margarita ever. This is not the first time I've had a bad drink here. I will stick to wine next time. The mixed drink menu has no prices on it which should tell you something. Overall I highly recommend you eat here and I will be back again.

1 Thank DavidAleshaR
Sacramento, California
“Fresh seafood, great view, nice people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stumbled upon Fish Hopper after visiting the aquarium and walking past several other restaurants that tried to tempt us, but when we found Fish Hopper we knew that was exactly what we were looking for. Squid was in season and we could watch the fishing boats coming in and out of the bay throughout our late lunch. I am a Calamari fanatic and the server said it doesn't get any fresher than this, so my friend and I ordered a platter to share. It was the best I ever had. It was fried lightly and gently seasoned to perfection. It melted in our mouths. I don't think I will ever order previously frozen calamari after eating this at Fish Hopper. My friend and I then split the Shrimp Louie made with local crustaceans and the usual goodies that accompany a 'Louie' salad - all fresh and delicious. Wonderful view of the bay, kayakers, fishing boats and sea lions and sea otters entertained us as we leisurely enjoyed our late lunch. My friend did think it was kind of sick to go to the aquarium and then dine on seafood. She worried that the creatures at the aquarium knew we were all planning to eat their family members later and that was why they kept looking at us while swimming around in their tanks. Neither of us worried enough about it, however, to stop us from enjoying this fabulous lunch. Service was warm and friendly. I'd say the atmosphere is fun and it seemed like a lot of local folks frequent this place. For the location, the view, quality and quantity of food, level of service, the prices were more than reasonable for Monterey, and the Calamari was the best I ever had in my life. I will never forget it and can't imagine ever ordering it again without hoping it can measure up even half way to that Calamari that day at Fish Hopper.

• Visited May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Superb!! :D”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Staff were excellent from start to finish, Giovanni deserves a special mention as he was charming and attentive. Tuni ahi salad was delicious and really refreshing! Highly recommend the choc chip cookie dessert. Lovely seating outside beside the sea, with patio heaters to keep you warm.