“Great Price, Great Food, Great View Who needs more?”
Review of Fish Hopper

Fish Hopper
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Hopper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 299 Restaurants in Monterey
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Street
Transit: Cannery Row has free trolley service from various locations on the Monterey Peninsula with stops directly in front of the restaurant. There is also the normal public bus system which a stop within a short distance of the restaurant.
Description: The FishHopper * Experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean, combined with world class dining on historic Cannery Row,within walking distance to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and fine shops.The Fish Hopper, once an original sardine cannery building, offers spectacular panoramic views of the beautiful Monterey Bay from every table including our heated outdoor patio. The Fish Hopper specializes in fresh sustainable seafood,certified Angus steaks,pastas and live shellfish.Some of our menu favorites are the fresh abalone from the Monterey Bay, the “Island Sampler”(fresh seared Ahi tuna from Kona served with coconut shrimp and a crab cake), Macadamia-crusted halibut, our famous “Tomahawk Chop” long bone-in Rib Eye, or fresh Dungeness Crab available year round.2010 West Coast 1st place winner for our famous clam chowder soup.In addition to our fabulous menu indulge in one of our many exotic cocktail creations. While enjoying a delicious meal watch frolicking sea otters at play and even see the occasional whale.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Price, Great Food, Great View Who needs more?”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We all met in Cannery Row for dinner and I had eaten at Fish Hopper several years ago. I recommended it to my friends. We all were greeted and seated promptly which surprised me for a Saturday evening. We had great service, wonderful food and prices (considering where you were) were very moderate. Prime Rib & Lobster was $35.00 to give you an idea. I had the Sand Dabs and asked for double steamed veggie instead of rice pilaf. No problem. My order was served perfectly. If you wish to impress friends or just want a special meal in Cannery Row this is the place. Be aware that the desserts are amazing and need to be shared.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Black Forest, Colorado
“Good Choice”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've eaten here on several trips to Monterey. The food isn't spectacular, but it is always reliable. The service is good, the views are very nice, and the food is very good, if expensive, but just about everything on Cannery Row is expensive. My husband had a nice chioppino, and I had a macadamia encrusted halibut. Both of our meals were very good; fresh and well prepared. No one rushed us even though the restaurant was busy.

Visited July 2013
“Perfect”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food was delicious I saw one of your employees Dominic I ask what was good on the menu and he tould me the cheese burger it was delicious the bathroom was very clean the chowder was delicious as well I will bring my family here every weekend for lunch

Eatonton, Georgia
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great food and great views. We had a dinner party of six and everyone was very pleased with the meal. A very good selection of both seafoods and wines. The wait staff was excellent. Why did we go there for dinner? Because one in our group had lunch there that very same day and said we would not be dissapointed. He was correct.

Visited July 2013
“Food o.k. Wine and drinks way overpriced”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The chowder is good along with the food but expensive. I don't like the fact they charge nine dollars for a glass of wine that costs eleven dollars a bottle.